Is there a way to have a custom text field display valid developer names as you start typing similar to the way the assignee field works?

Troy Johnson September 22, 2011

I want to create a custom field similar to the assignee field but I'd prefer not to use the User Picker field type because it doesn't work well with the GreenHopper plug-in. If you are editing a User Picker field via the GreenHopper Card View, you have to remember the user name in order to have the field update correctly. The Asignee field is much more user friendly because you can just start typing the name of the person and it displays a list of potential people with their associated e-mail address.

Can I replicate this behavior somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Troy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hey Troy,

As far as I know User Picker is the only custom field type which can offer similar functionality as the Assignee field. I know that it may not be as user friendly as the Assignee field, but I'm afraid it's the only option that actually allows you to choose from the users in your instance.

Suggest an answer