How to search the value of custom field in Kanban board?

PM_Rita October 13, 2019

Hi guys ,

I need to search the value of custom filed in my personal Kanban board .

For example : 
custom filed - named AAA , then I input "CCC" to AAA .
Trying to search "CCC" in the search bar ,but no results , but working in quick filter .
Is there any setting I can adjust ? Or the function dosen't exist?
Thanks.

help.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2019

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, and looking at the screenshot you attached the location you are doing the search is the in project nested filter search within the board directly and is separate from the "Quick Search" functionality, and the location currently only searches the current board for an issue by name, code, or assignee. and is covered in the "Using your Kanban backlog" documentation.

The Quick search functionality is the option in the navigation side bar and is covered in more detail in the  "Get home, search or create with the global sidebar" documentation and additional elaboration to better handling the result set in "Working with search results" 

As for the direct behavior you are looking for I created the following Feature request to track interest in this per the "Implementation of New Features Policy" , One for Cloud and one for Server respectively incase anyone on the alternate platform finds this post and is looking for this as well:

Make sure to add a vote to show interest, and add in any additional feed back you have on the feature if you have time to do so, as it really helps to get direct feedback on expected functionality with specific use cases.

Regards,
Earl

Ayush Ghuliani August 28, 2023

Still not able to search for custom field value in Kanban board search (as in screenshot above)

Suggest an answer