How to copy Select List (cascading) to linked issue when I create link issue with postfunction

Kris Han July 7, 2020

Hi Everyone,
As title, How should I copy Select List (cascading) value to my linked issue when I use post function to create a linked issue? I used "Create / Clone issue(s) (JMWE add-on)" post function but it will show the error message and told me there is no No option found with ID or value when I created linked issue. My setting is below screenshot and I think system can get the value but I don't know why it can not map to field which is under my linked issue (custom field is under same project with same values). Please help me on it. Thank you very much!
Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Radhika Vijji _Innovalog_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

Hi Kris,

You need to select the option "Copy value from current issue" and not "Set field value to constant or Groovy template" (see here for more information). Save the post-function and publish the workflow. That will create the new issue with Cascading value copied from the main issue (issue on which the transition was triggered).

Regards,

Radhika

Suggest an answer