How to change dashboard owner when cog doesn't display?

Stephanie Clark July 23, 2015

I'm following the online instructions in "Managing Shared Dashboards" to edit the Owner of a Dashboard but the cog icon is not listed in the extreme right column.  The last column I have is Popularity.

Link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Managing+Shared+Dashboards

4 answers

0 votes

Yes, I have the JIRA Administrators global permission too.  To clarify, I'm logging in using QA Admin set up.

And that QA Admin set up has the groups linked to the Global permissions previously identified as required to see the Cog icon to edit the Dashboard ownership.

(I think the user gave up & just recreated the dashboard.  You can let his one drop.)

Dashboard Owner Question.png

0 votes
Brian Ross July 23, 2015

Based on what I read in the link below, you don't have enough permissions

To change the ownership of a shared dashboard:

Please Note:

A shared dashboard can only be edited by the shared dashboard's owner. The owner of a shared dashboard can only modify that dashboard's shares and gadgets too. See Managing Multiple Dashboard Pages and Customizing the Dashboard for more information.

You cannot change the ownership of a shared dashboard to a user who:
already has a shared dashboard with exactly the same name, or
does not have permission to view the shared dashboard.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Managing+Shared+Dashboards

0 votes

Yes, I'm included in the group with "Create Shared Objects".  Every user in the company is in this group.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

All right. It seemed like a long shot. Then no, i'm sorry to say I can't think of why this would be that way.

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Is there a possibility that, for any reason, you're not member of a group with "Create Shared Objects" global permissions?

Suggest an answer