How do I show issues ordered by number of labels?

Greg MacLellan February 10, 2012

I have a custom field called "Related support tickets" which is a label type field, and I'd like to view a list of issues that have >0 support tickets assigned, ordered by number of tickets. How can I do this?

I chose label type simply because the UI for it works for what I'm trying to do (link multiple support tickets -- from different customers -- to one bug). I'm not opposed to changing the method if someone has a better suggestion.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Greg MacLellan January 6, 2016

I was trying to do this same thing again, and found this question (which I forgot I asked). This is now possible with the JIRA Music Custom Fields plugin by Innovalog:

1. Create a new custom numeric field
  2. Use formula <!-- @@Formula: issue.get("customfield_11000").size() --> (substituting the correct id, of course)
  3. Re-index JIRA

Now you can run JQL like: "Number of Support Tickets" > 0 and status != closed order by "Number of Support Tickets" desc

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2012

Rather than using labels, the linking feature of the Jira is better suited for your usecase. But in this approach also, there is no OOTB solution for counting the number of links.

Greg MacLellan February 12, 2012

I'm not using JIRA for support though, so there's nothing to link it to using the linking feature. In JIRA 5 apparently you can link to web sites, but again, doesn't help since I'm not on 5, there's no way to count, and questionable since now I need to copy/paste the full external link instead of just a 5 digit number.

Suggest an answer