How do I print a card in a Next-Gen project?

Lou Boarman November 13, 2018

I need to be able to print off issues (cards). When I right click the card, there is not option for printing

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2018

Hi Lou,

Currently, it's not possible to print cards when using next-gen projects.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17245
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Joel Klo April 16, 2019

Hi Angélica,

When will this be done?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hi Joel,

As per on our Implementation of New Features Policy, we don't publish specific release dates, so we don't know when this feature will be implemented.
Please, watch the feature, so any update from our dev team you will receive a notification.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
marco.molteni June 25, 2019

I have the same problem and I agree it is incredible that this feature is not available. I found a clumsy workaround.

The key idea is to realize that Jira cards are nothing more than cards, they have nothing Jira specific.

Issue a JQL query for the current sprint, for example

project = MYPROJECT AND sprint in openSprints()

Then export export Excel CSV current fields. Your browser will download a file called JIRA.csv.

From this point on, you can use any software that prints labels, it is a sort of mail merge :-). Load the CSV file, maybe edit the template and print it.

0 votes
Neha Damania September 23, 2019

@Mick C @Joel Klo @marco.molteni @Lou Boarman  this may help

I  actually found a work around to print the cards from next gen project.

1. Create a classic project, or use and existing classic project

2. Create a kanban board in the classic project.

3. Set the filter for the board to pull required cards from your next gen project.  

4. Ta da. you will see the print card option in kanban board menu from where you can print the cards from your nextgen project. 

I usually create a kanban board for my daily standups where i pull all the current sprints from various projects that i manage. and create a project wise swimlane. 

This way of printing may not be the best way but it only takes a couple of minutes  create the kanban board and the card print feature is available. Hope that helps.

Silvana Conrad September 26, 2019

@Neha Damania I have never used filters before - can you tell me how I set it correctly to pull the cards from another project?

Wanna make a physical board for our team! 

Neha Damania September 26, 2019

@Silvana Conrad you need to go to Boards in classic project, from the menu

1. click Create Board

2. Create a Kanban board

3. Select option 'Baord from an Existing project'

4. click Next  

5. Enter Board name and select your Next Gen project(s)

6. select space of Classic project and Create Board. 

Like Silvana Conrad likes this
Kerri McAllen January 6, 2020

@Neha Damania and @Silvana Conrad 

for #3 . Set the filter for the board to pull required cards from your next gen project when I enter the board name of my next gen project it is not recongnised. Any clues please?

Neha Damania January 6, 2020

@Kerri do you mean it gives error on #5. Enter Board name and select your Next Gen project(s) ? can you share a scree grab of the error.

Stine Falster Bech February 13, 2020

Hi @Neha Damania ,

how do you do #5? 

It seems like I cannot search for any Next Gen projects when I'm creating a board in the classic project. Only Classic projects are shown in the drop down...

Thanks in advance, hope you can help.

Really annoying that you cannot print from Next Gen projects :-)

0 votes
Mick C August 2, 2019

Is this anywhere close to being a thing?

MVP is meant to be valuable.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2019

Hi Michael,

This feature is not currently on our roadmap, so we don't know if it's coming soon or not.
Please, watch the feature to receive updates and feel free to add your comment there for our dev team.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer