Do we have Workload and Holiday Plan per Program as a part of the BigPicture?

Pratiksha Ananta Kumbharkar September 24, 2019

Do we have Workload and Holiday Plan per Program as a part of the BigPicture? If yes please provide the steps that will explain how to implement it for particular program and not globally to all the programs.....I read this ticket but didn't heard back from u....https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/BigPicture-working-schedule-template-apply-to-program/qaq-p/964374.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratiksha.

2 answers

0 votes
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Workload plans and Holiday plans are global and you don't assign boxes or projects to them, you assign people.

This is because unless you have an extremely rare setup where one project have a completely unique setup with holidays not shared with any other people, or working hours that no one else use, it is more encumbersome to manage than on an individual level.

Is there a reason you need to have a unique set for just this program, or are you trying to solve resource management rather than available time allocation?

0 votes
Morgan Bourree December 15, 2021

Hello BigPicture Admins,

I am also looking for this possibility of assigning a workload plan to a project, is it available?

If not, is there a workaround?

I really need it to specify for instance that a developer is working 40% on project A and 60% on project B.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

@Morgan Bourreehave a look at Teams. I think that will solve your problem.

Teams work so you assign people time in that team so project A would have a team where a developer works 40% and project B would have a team where that same developer work 60% (well, it will be 30% and 50% realistically with content switching, but that is besides the point).

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer