Create a JQL Query for Component owner

Robert Anthony August 4, 2015

We have a somewhat unique project with hundreds of Components. What one of my agents would like is the ability to create a filter that just searches for her issues by the "Component Owner". The idea is that once it's updated in components (with the proper owner) her filter would dynamically update without her having to adjust the filter to add her new components (as shes the owner of a few new ones every week). I'm fairly certain there isn't a solution to this, but also enjoy very much proving her wrong, so can someone please confirm this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

There's a function called componentLeadByUser that would do the trick, and it's in the default JIRA functions.

Sorry for proving you wrong smile

CURSE YOU NIC

But thanks

Wait, still getting problems. I am using: componentsLeadByUser(usernameinhere) but am getting "Error in the JQL Query: Expecting operator but got '('. The valid operators are '=', '!=', '<', '>', '<=', '>=', '~', '!~', 'IN', 'NOT IN', 'IS' and 'IS NOT'. (line 1, character 21)" I also tried componentsLeadByUser = username and got Field 'componentsLeadByUser' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

no, the way you use it is "component in componentsLeadByUser(username)". Like in the example in the doc. Burn!

Rob Wickham April 1, 2021

I recently opened a suggestion to remove this limitation. Please vote for it if you agree it would add value to allow currentUser() to be the parameter of this function.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-11168

0 votes
Elly March 11, 2020

@Nicolas Bourdages 

Would you you be able to help me figure out why the issues were found when i did component in componentsLeadByUser(username)?

Elly March 11, 2020

I've put the user's username but nothing...

Suggest an answer