Complex issue trying to get Due date to be set by Time to SLA plugin

Gaven Ray September 24, 2019

Okay so we have a request to have the due date field to be set by the Time to SLA plugin.

"I am trying to pull in and show the date when the SLA is set to expire on tickets - this value is seen in the ticket UI within the SLA module. I coul not find a field to pull in into my widget on a dashboard...
Pl see links below for example an let me know what field should I pull in...
This is NOT the "Due Date"..."

I have thought about using "Automation for Jira" to run a  scriptrunner script to do that.

When I pull the script from https://confluence.snapbytes.com/display/TTS/Groovy+scripts+for+TTS+fields and edit to have the correct field ID it still shows an error "static type checking errors". 

Am I trying to go about this the wrong way?

How can once I pull "expectedTargetDate" to get that into Due Date?

2 answers

1 vote
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

Hi @Gaven Ray 

Did you have a chance to check this article.

To summarize, you can define SLA Dates custom field to extract any SLA date to a regular Jira custom field, then you can use that field in any of the report, gadget or integration API.

I hope I was clear.

Cheers

Tuncay Senturk

Gaven Ray September 26, 2019

Thanks I will test this out. I had just put that field into place not long ago.

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

Hi again @Gaven Ray 

As the product manager of Time to SLA app, I just wanted to know whether the article was helpful for your issue.

For further assistance, you can always raise a support ticket here.

Thanks

Gaven Ray October 9, 2019

So adjusting the settings as suggested and they now show up in the columns for search. If I could get it to edit the actual due date field it would be great. The automation does not see it as a date field. 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

Hi @Gaven Ray 

Actually they are date fields, they implement DateTime interface.

Gaven Ray October 9, 2019

The Automation plugin is not seeing it as a date field. @John McKiernan1 do you have any insight here or should I open a support ticket against your plugin.

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

What should we do in order to be seen in Automation plugin.

Thanks

1 vote
John McKiernan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 24, 2019

Hey Daniel,

John from Automation for Jira here. 

I am not familiar with the 'Time to SLA' plugin. 

However, from what you describe this should be possible to do. 

Assuming there is an SLA time as a custom field somewhere, you would just need to use a rule like this:

• Trigger: When field value changes for 'SLA_field'
  • Action: Edit Issue: Due date - copy from Trigger Issues or calculate. 

Screenshot at Sep 25 10-58-02.png

It's a bit tricky to decipher from her so if this doesn't answer your question, please pop a message through to our support team so we can look into this plugin a little closer. 

Thanks!

John 

Suggest an answer