'Cannot get default template' error

Dom Bull November 28, 2019

Suddenly getting a 'Cannot get default template' pop up error on every ticket on my project each time I open or refresh the page.  Anyone know what causes it?  I'm guessing someone in my organisation has tweaked a 'system' level field and it's affected everyone's projects, but I can see nothing that's changed on my ticket set up..

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Dom Bull

Is this still impacting you? If so, is it just your project / your session or is it impacting all users?

A screenshot might assist us in verifying the error :)

Edit 04/08/20: Its been found that the "Smart Checklist" app can cause this error. If you come across this question and have this app, try disabling this first.

Ste

Anil Biswal March 19, 2020

Hi Stephen, although it's been a while since the thread started: We also have the same problem and no answer yet. Ideas?

image.png

Like Mohamed Rameeze likes this
Kevin Lau March 30, 2020

Me too, I am an Jira administrator and my users are getting this error.  However it is limited to some users.  If someone finds out please publish. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2020

Hi @Kevin Lau @Anil Biswal 

It's worth investigating any relationship between users who can and users who cannot create issues - look for things such as:

• Permissions / Project Access
  • Project Roles
  • Groups (Global Permissions)
  • Browsers / Browsers Add-ons

^ Finding the common point of origin will help decipher the reason this happens.

Alternatively try contacting Atlassian directly via https://support.atlassian.com/

If you do contact support, let us know how to fix it so other users know for the future :)

Ste

nunzio_sciammetta June 29, 2020

Hi @Kevin Lau @Anil Biswal @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ @Dom Bull 

I wanted to ask if you managed to solved your issue. It would be nice if you could share it here.

Thanks.

Nunzio.

Mohamed Rameeze July 31, 2020

I am facing same issue. Looking for a resolution here.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

Hi @Mohamed Rameeze , @nunzio_sciammetta ,

Neither of you have the application "Smart Checklist" do you?

Another question similar to this matter suggested there was a conflict with this app and disabling it fixed the issue. It'd be good to know if this is the same issue or not :)

Ste

Like Mohamed Rameeze likes this
Mohamed Rameeze August 2, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

Yes. We have the "Smart Checklist" plugin installed. I will try to see if disabling this app works.

Anil Biswal August 3, 2020

Hey, yes it was the smart checklist plugin on our side. Disabling it solved the problem. Thanks!

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 3, 2020

@Anil Biswal,

If using Smart Checklist is problematic, then you might look into other apps (including free ones) in Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/trending?query=checklist

Cheers,
Jack

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

Hi @Anil Biswal and the rest good people in the thread,

Please contact us at smartchecklist@railsware.com

Provide info on your instance URL and addon version.

We will take proper steps to get the issue fixed.

Thanks!

Pavel

Suggest an answer