Can you display more than 1 jira ticket per row on a board?

Drew Meredith October 1, 2019

Is there a way for you to display more than one Jira ticket per row on a board?

For example I would have a one column board that has 3 tickets across and 9 rows down, thus displaying 27 items.

Rather than having 27 items laid out vertically and with long cards, they would be shorter and have more on each row? More like a dashboard than a Board per say.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

@Drew Meredith 

Can you please include a screenshot after hiding any confidential information? Would love to see what you are seeing at the moment.

Best,

Fadoua

Drew Meredith October 4, 2019

Cropped Board for Question.pngHere is the screenshot of what it looks like now. I would like to have more items within each row. Rather than create a huge long list.. Can't add another column though.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

@Drew Meredith  Are you a Board admin? If not please check if you can become one. If your request is declined the board admin has to make changes.

You are seeing the tickets in Swimlanes. You should be able to see the statuses as columns.

Please let me know and will see how much I can help. However you should be at least a board admin.

Best

Fadoua

Drew Meredith October 9, 2019

@Fadoua I created both the search and the board. I would love to add more columns with the same status. can this happen without replicating tickets in each column?

Thanks,

Drew

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2019

@Drew Meredith 

I would love to add more columns with the same status

Why would you have the same status on different columns? Or do you mean more columns with the yellow color for example  which is "In-Progress" but different name?

As your work progress, your issue goes through different statuses so that anyone involved with the work being done can see where the issue is. 

Did you customize your workflow or is this the simplified workflow?

Best,

Fadoua

Drew Meredith October 10, 2019

@Fadoua 

I would like there to be more cards displayed horizontally on a single row, all with the same status. All the columns need to represent the same statuses in the workflow. This is purely for a reporting style dashboard.

Rather than needing to scroll through a list of 50 or so issues with one per line, I want to have more issues on one line therefore making it easier to see all information at a glance and not needing to scroll down a long list. 

As you see in the screenshot, there is large amounts of unused space on the cards, therefore there would not be lost information if you have a second, third, or fourth column.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2019

@Drew Meredith 

I see what you mean, unfortunately it can not be done that way. You will see more tickets on the same will call it "Row" if you have other tickets in different statuses. Otherwise you will see the blank space.

I am sharing the link below as it has a LOT of information about boards 🙂

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/working-with-boards-800712866.html

Best

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

Thank you @Drew Meredith for accepting my answer!

0 votes
Drew Meredith October 9, 2019

Suggest an answer