Can't load localhost:8080 after Initial Setup and reboot

Diana Birsan September 11, 2014

Hey there,

I'm just setting up the trial for some testing and after setup and a reboot, I cannot access localhost:8080. I have tried re-running the .start-jira.sh from the install directory and it notifies me that it has started but I still cannot connect. 

Java: 

bash-3.2# java -version

java version "1.8.0_20"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_20-b26)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.20-b23, mixed mode)

bash-3.2# ./start-jira.sh 

To run JIRA in the foreground, start the server with start-jira.sh -fg

executing as current user

.... .NMMMD.  ...

.8MMM.  $MMN,..~MMMO.

.?MMM.         .MMM?.

OMMMMZ.           .,NMMMN~

.IMMMMMM. .NMMMN. .MMMMMN,

,MMMMMM$..3MD..ZMMMMMM.

=NMMMMMM,. .,MMMMMMD.

.MMMMMMMM8MMMMMMM,

.ONMMMMMMMMMMZ.

,NMMMMMMM8.

.:,.$MMMMMMM

.IMMMM..NMMMMMD.

.8MMMMM:  :NMMMMN.

.MMMMMM.   .MMMMM~.

.MMMMMN    .MMMMM?.

Atlassian JIRA

Version : 6.3.5a

Detecting JVM PermGen support...

lPermGen switch is supported. Setting to 384m

If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide

/Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/bin/setenv.sh: line 105: cd: /Users/admin/Documents/Jira: No such file or directory

/Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/bin/setenv.sh: line 108: cd: /Users/admin/Documents/Jira: No such file or directory

Server startup logs are located in /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/bin/logs/catalina.out

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home

Using CLASSPATH:       /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/bin/bootstrap.jar:/Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

Using CATALINA_PID:    /Users/admin/Documents/Jira Home/atlassian-jira-6.3.5a-standalone/work/catalina.pid

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

Tomcat started.

7 answers

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2014

Hi Diana

Can you please try to use other port number to see whether if the same problem is still reproducible or not ?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+JIRA's+TCP+Ports

0 votes
Raffaele Verre September 11, 2014

They are two hidden folder under $JIRA_HOME/plugins.

ll -la and you see it

Delete, stop and restart jira

0 votes

Yeah, those two files don't even exist actually. That plugins folder has nothing in it. I think it's failing when installing the plugins on start up but I'm not sure why as I was able to run the initial setup.

0 votes

The error looks a bit strange:

org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.ServiceProxyDestroyedException: service proxy has been destroyed

Can you cleanup the .osgi-plugins and .bundled-plugins from $JIRA_HOME/plugins and start JIRA again from the scripts in the bin directory?

0 votes

My browser is  on the same machine as JIRA. Where is the catalina.out? Sorry, completely new at this! 

Plugins are not loading, looks to be the issue perhaps as the folder for plugins is empty... 

0 votes
T_CON GmbH _ Co_ KG September 11, 2014

Hi, 

can you provide you logfile? 

Find it at %JIRA_Home%\log\atlassian-jira.log

0 votes

Hi Diana

your browser is on the same machine where is JIRA located?
In your catalina.out, can you find something like:

*********************************************************************************
JIRA X.X.X build: XXXX started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser.
*********************************************************************************

?

Rupali Kirange April 26, 2019

Hi Raffaele,

I have installed JIRA version 8.0.0. But while open in browser, nothing is displaying.

I found catalina.out file and got the statement mentioned below.

"JIRA 8.0.0 build: 800007 started. you can now access JIRA through your web browser."

Could you please help me resolving this.

Suggest an answer