Can I edit the layout of the issue type "Xray Test"?

Letitia Lee September 26, 2019

Hi,

I'd like to put the precondition section before the details section in a Xray Test,

is it possible to do that?

It seems the layout cannot be changed from the issue layout in Project settings.

Where can I do the settings for Xray issues?

Thanks a lot!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 24, 2019

Hi Letitia, 

To change this configuration you have to go to Jira Administration >> Add-ons >> Xray >> Miscellaneous.

image-2019-10-24-16-25-16-280.png

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Letitia Lee October 25, 2019

Hi José,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to find the setting but couldn't find it.

Our first setting item in Miscellaneous is "Display Manual Test Steps table in short

view", we don't have "Display Pre-Conditions section before Test Details".

We're using Jira Cloud, is that why?

Thank you.

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 25, 2019

Hi Letitia, 

In fact, you are right, we didn't know from our side that you were using a cloud instance. At the cloud level, it's not possible to configure the order of the section on the screen.

At the server level that is possible.

We apologize for this.

Best Regards,

Team Xray

Letitia Lee October 27, 2019

Hi José,

Got it! Thanks a lot.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2019

Are you talking about the detail display or when creating/editing an issue? If the detail display that can't be changed. If creating/editing you need to modify the create, edit, and view screens. 

Letitia Lee September 30, 2019

Hi Joe,

I'm talking about the display, I'd like to see the preconditions before the test steps when I'm executing a test. It's a pity that the display cannot be changed. 

Anyway, thanks for your help. :)

varshini September 11, 2020

Is there any other way? 

Suggest an answer