Big instance for JIRA

Jiannan Tang January 20, 2013

Hi:

If my JIRA instance may have more 10,000,000 issues.

What is the configuration of hardware need?

How many issues the configuration can support :

CPU: E7-4807 * 4

RAM: 16G * 4

harddisk: 15000

BTW:

When the JIRA support cluster?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2013

Atlassian have ruled out clustering for the foreseeable future.

You are going to struggle severely with 10 million issues in a single Jira instance, no matter what your hardware. As a guideline, Atlassian were recommending splitting Jira when you approach 200,000 under Jira 3. This has increased a lot since version 3, but I don't believe it's near 10 million.

Atlassian are looking at an archiving setup which would probably help you - I very much doubt you have 10 million *active* issues, and you could probably archive 99% of them. It's not available yet though.

Some Atlassian partners can help you with extremely large Jira installations - you may want to reach out to some of them.

Jiannan Tang January 20, 2013

Thanks your answer.

We have two bugzillas and every bugzilla had 70,00,000 bugs.

I need to consider the issue growing for JIRA, and the JIRA not only save bug, we will save task and requirement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2013

I suspect you don't have a use for 99% of the things in bugzilla as well.

Suggest an answer