Request: Ability to have a saved list filtered by Created Date

Michael Villis March 14, 2022

For growing idea backlogs, I'd like to create a "Ideas Created in the Past Month/Week" view.

Looking at the Filter fields Created is not one of the options (I think!). 

The workaround I use for now is just putting a sort by Created Date. This works but is less clean. Not a high priority to address but could be an easy add for the team.

4 comments

Comment

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2022

Hey @Michael Villis Thanks for sharing your feedback. I have passed it on to the team. Keep an eye on the community as if we decide to prioritise one of the team will share a post. Thanks, Sarah 

Like Michael Villis likes this
Louise Baker September 15, 2023

I second this! We meet bi-weekly as a team to discuss new Ideas, and I'd like to ONLY look at the ideas from within the time frame.

Like Lisa Kostyshak likes this
Garrett Olsen December 20, 2023

Coming in here much later, but I agree that there's a decent-sized missing capability around filtering on create date - I really want to be able to create views that focus on new Ideas, and it's a little strange that Created isn't even a filterable field. I might be able to do some workarounds like filtering in the general Jira search then applying bulk actions to add labels or something, or maybe there's an automation I could set up to check for new Ideas and apply a "New" status or something, but that seems like a fairly easy feature to add.

Dan Collette February 20, 2024

It is strange you cannot do this in the Jira Discovery UI, it would much cleaner and quicker for us to have it in the filters. 

The best workaround we use it to use filtering in Jira to build reports of all ideas created in the last 30 days.

project = [JIRA DISCOVERY PROJECT]  and createdDate >= endOfDay(-30d)

We then embed these into confluence pages to allow teams to reflect on new items. It is not perfect as to add any actions onto an idea, it will open the idea in a new window. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events