Removing ideas from a Weighted Score formula field

Sam Sherar October 10, 2022

Hi all

Started using JPD from august and has really elevated the product backlog across the business and the technology team - exactly what we needed so perfect timing!

However, I was wondering is there a way that we can remove certain ideas from the Impact scoring calculation if certain criteria are hit?

For example, in my use case, if something is marked as Done, it should mean the next top priority item will be marked as 100 and everything else gets elevated via the normalised calculation.

Understand that archive would do that, however this will also remove it from any views - it would be good if there was a board for "Done items" for example.

Any ideas? Is there a custom expression that can be written? 

2 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2022

That's great feedback @Sam Sherar , in fact we were wondering if we should make the impact score more contextual - not a 0-100 score for the entire list of ideas, but a 0-100 score for the ideas in the view (not filtered out). 

The only way I can see around your problem today is to find a way to make the score zero for the ideas you'd like to exclude (that you consider "done")

Sam Sherar October 10, 2022

Thanks for the response - I'd like to try and keep the fields as-is so we can review and reflect on them to see whether or not the impact score was realised. Again that does sound like Archiving!

Contextualising scores would be great - we have multiple products within the same list at the moment, so potentially being able to have a sub-set score on a view to show how it looks like in relation to the filter but also see it all within the same All list

i.e. A single view score could be 100, but in the All list, it might be only a 40.

Happy to discuss further offline if it would be of use? 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2022

Thanks @Sam Sherar , that makes complete sense!

Always happy to chat to better understand how teams use the product and how we can make it better: https://calendly.com/tcrusson/30min-1

Denis Paul January 31, 2024

We have the same challenge and would also like to have the ability to remove certain statuses from the impact score calculation. We also considered the option of just resetting the calculation but that hinders transparency in hindsight of why we realized the old idea in the first place.
Considering the used filter in the calculation would improve visibility in our ranking view. 

Upside of having everything in the calculation is that you have a company wiwde ranking of ideas. PAst and present. And you know what a score of "42" is worth.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events