Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Ideas to Epics - Mandatory Fields

andrew.mcmillan May 24, 2022

Hey All, Loving Jira Product Discovery and looking to roll it out as an intake process for our Global PMO. 

I wondered, is there a way to customise fields required when moving from Idea through delivery to a new epic in another project? 

Reason I ask is within our PMO project at the moment we have some fields that are required to ensure our PM's include specific info when creating an Epic, so right now when I try and move stuff it fails due to these mandatory fields. 

Thanks! 

3 comments

Comment

As a separate note: 

It seems that the issue specifically lies with Epic Name and Summary as I've de-activated all other mandatory fields, but Jira won't allow me to remove these :( 

Erin Mihalik May 24, 2022

May I ask why you are moving Ideas into epics? The tools was designed to keep the Idea and all the research and discovery as the idea and then to use the Delivery link to the epic.

Sorry, less moving more creating epics linked as per the normal workflow. 

Turns out I had the project I was trying to create epics in has na unexpected Field Config Scheme, so I've fixed it now :) 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hi @andrew.mcmillan 

Could you please share more details on 

moving from Idea through delivery to a new epic in another project?

And if this is still happening for you: 

Turns out I had the project I was trying to create epics in has an unexpected Field Config Scheme, so I've fixed it now 

Best, 
Hanna

andrew.mcmillan May 25, 2022

Hi Hanna, nope I'm all set now thanks! 

The "Create epic" function was being blocked by a mandatory field which I'd missed due to come Field config complexity. Once I had found that I now have it working perfectly. 

I am interested to see what mandatory fields options we'll have later in Discovery :) 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hi @andrew.mcmillan 
Thanks for sharing and happy it worked out for you :) 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

There's something we need to do later which is to support the case when software projects have mandatory fields for new issues. In which case we could for example pop open the issue creation box - instead of just failing like it's doing currently

andrew.mcmillan May 25, 2022

Yes! that would be amazing. 

Although we're so impressed with Product Discovery that I would likely front load the Mandatory fields there, then need them bought across into the Epic in the Software project. If that would be a possibility. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events