Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPD & Zendesk : first impressions from our Support staff

Jan-Hendrik Spieth October 14, 2022

I went through the first steps of experimenting with JPD, with my fellow colleagues from our Support team.

We're using Zendesk, and we're used linking tickets to Jira issues. Via workflow post actions, tickets are automatically updated when the dev team took some action. For customer's feature requests, we are more or less just improvising, with Confluence lists etc.

After playing around with JPD, the Support team first and foremost said that they liked JPD for being simple and fun to work with! :-))

But a few details seem missing for our best practices and workflows:

• from within a Zendesk ticket, we would like to see the related JPD idea (related as in, the idea that the ticket has been added to as insight)
  • the ticket excerpt in JPD shows some detail which we don't find useful, or even distracting. It would be great to be able to configure which Zendesk ticket properties/fields to display in JPD's insights
  • we definitely want to notify Zendesk when an idea makes progress (e.g. when a delivery issue has been linked/created, which the ticket could then "subscribe" to), or reaches a certain state (i.e. "Impact" state).

JPD's minimalistic workflow configuration does not allow for post actions, though.

I was thinking that maybe Automation might allow to configure a Zendesk webhook? - This is nothing that I could quickly confirm/falsify in a few minutes, but I'll give it a try.

Any thoughts/advice/ideas on how to do this, anyone? Will JPD at some point share the full-featured workflow configuration options that Jira has?

1 comment

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Thanks for the feedback @Jan-Hendrik Spieth ! Indeed you can't yet easily connect the workflow of ideas with the one from Zendesk tickets. It's something we're considering for later. 

Like Jan-Hendrik Spieth likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events