Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture ideas via a form

Stu Shapiro September 30, 2022

Has anyone found a way for non-Jira users to log ideas in JPD?

For example, stakeholders who constantly come up with ideas that we need to keep track of, or collecting feedback from large user bases via a survey, upvote form system etc. 

5 comments

Comment

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Hi @Stu Shapiro ,

Have a look at a previous answer I provided for this question and see if it's something you could work with:

Interaction with Jira Service Management and Jira ... (atlassian.com)

Regards,

-C

James Doyle September 30, 2022

Hi @Stu Shapiro from what I have been reading I dont think this is possible currently without adding them as users to Jira. 

I was looking for the same thing to be able to share JPD roadmaps with external customers however the only tangible way so far is to export a roadmap to image and share. 

I think this is on the roadmap from Jira but not there just yet. 

One of the ways I am contemplating handling this however in the interim is capturing feature requests via a Service Desk Project (which gives you a shareable page with external customers) and then reviewing those requests and moving them into JPD if they are viable as ideas for future consideration. 

Cheers, James. 

Matthew Allen September 30, 2022

I've been looking for the same, my understanding is that MS Forms can feed info into Jira, i just need to work out if it can also feed into e JPD space.  Anyone else tried the same?

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2022

Hi everyone! 

At the moment, there is no dedicated way to capture feedback from external users. However, as mentioned in Frequently asked questions, you have several ways to capture feedback without having users in Jira Product Discovery : 

1. Set up a Jira Service Management queueto receive feedback from customers and internal teams

2. Set up a dedicated Slack channel #product-feedback to receive feedback from internal teams (also works with Teams)

3. Share views with other teams and gather their feedback using fields and votes to receive feedback from internal teams

Note that it is also possible to create ideas from the Jira Cloud API. 
@Matthew Allen I am not familiar with the MS Form integration, but if it can create Jira issue, you can also probably use it with Jira Product Discovery, as it is a regular Jira template, in which ideas can be seen as a regular issue type such as stories for Jira Software. 

We are currently working on improving the feedback collection from internal teams, so stay tuned for new features on this topic ;) 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Like Zach Hawtof likes this
Henri Ossi October 13, 2022

We are using a 3rd party idea capture tool with existing Jira integration to do this. At least this particular integration had a mandatory field to specify the name of the Jira board where the ideas are created. For us, the trick was to create a new Jira board inside a regular Jira software project, and have the board show issues from a Jira Product Discovery project. This way, the JPD ideas are accessible via the board in question and they look like Jira issues in the UI. 

With this workaround, we could utilize an existing Jira integration to feed in ideas to JPD, so there was no need to have specific support for JPD in the integration layer itself.

Naturally I cannot make any promises on behalf of Atlassian that this works after JPD is generally available. We made an educated guess that JPD uses the Jira data model under the hood, based on this statement in the beta FAQ:

"However, should Jira Product Discovery not find product-market fit, users will not lose their data. JPD projects will simply be converted into a kanban or scrum project in Jira Software."
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-beta-program-licensing-etc/ba-p/1873127

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events