cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding outlook emails and Teams comments as insights

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

Hi,

I was asked whether there is support for adding an outlook email as insight. apart from attaching the email to the idea as an attachment, which is not what they wanted here, the only thing I could think of, was opening outlook on chrome and using the extension, but this certain pm wasn't using outlook on chrome, and wanted a way to quickly capture the email in an idea.

Is there a solution for this I missed? Are you considering to add something like this in the future?

Same question regarding Microsoft Teams - there is already an add-in that can create a Jira ticket from Teams - can it be enhanced to create also an insight?

3 comments

Comment

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2022

Hi Omer, you could highlight the relevant section of the email then open the Chrome extension to create that as an insight. Would that work for your situation?

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2022

The Chrome extension is in Chrome, and the email in this case is in Outlook (app on windows, not on the browser) - so no, this doesn't work...

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Rohan, no that won't work. Atlassian needs to add the extension to Firefox. Almost all of the information/documentation Atlassian puts out uses examples with Firefox as the browser.

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2022

@Omer Meshar @Danno ah I've got it now. It's not in our short term roadmap to make these changes to the Chrome extension. Thanks for the feedback and we'll keep it in mind for the future.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events