Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best transfer info from Jira Service Management (Feedback) to Jira Product Discovery (Ideas)?

brent.johnson June 8, 2022

We've started to use Jira Service Management to collect feedback from our teams (mostly internal feedback) for the product team.

Once the product manager refines the feedback and if it's a new idea, we've set up an automation to clone it in Jira Product Discovery.

Two questions:

1. For information from a JSM form, what's the best way to get that to flow over to JPD?
  2. For JSM fields, what's the best way to have those be cloned?

The 'Move' feature handles this much better than 'Clone' but it looks like Jira doesn't support 'Move' through automation.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi Brent, sorry we couldn't get to your question today, but we'll do tomorrow!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022
brent.johnson June 10, 2022

Thanks! This was very helpful :)

We are using the Jira Service Management forms (for a few things, but not everything). Is there a way to get the form info over as well to Jira Product Discovery @Tanguy Crusson ?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2022

I haven't tested that but I don't think that would work - unless Project Automation gives you a way to map the content of the form to fields in Jira Product Discovery. I've asked the team working on Forms to weigh in on this. 

Like brent.johnson likes this
Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2022

@brent_johnson I actually have found a way to do what you are asking via automations. It might be a little clunky long-term but my expectation is that as JPD matures it becomes more integrated into the existing tools.

So, what have I set up?

• A JSM project, with a form in it that creates a JSM issue. This is accessible by my entire Org and is used for submitting ideas.
  • An automation that takes some of the data from the JSM issue and uses it to create a JPD issue. The JPD project does not allow most of my Org to create issues directly - the only way for most is through the form.

below is a screenshot of the automation I have that seems to do the job very well for now:

1.png

One important thing to note is that my form has all of it's fields connected to Jira, so the details are actually logged on the JSM issue as it is created. There is not currently a way to transfer a form over to an idea.

Right now, all the details from my JSM ticket are copied into the description and during refinement the relevant detail is added to the relevant fields.  

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events