Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📣 Product Update: New permissions are now available !

Hello everyone - or more particularly - Hello project admins! 

We've just shipped a new set of permissions specifically designed for Jira Product Discovery 🔥

We haven't changed the default roles - we still have three of them (Administrator, Member and Viewer) and they have the same types of permissions as before. 

However, it gives you the possibility to create custom roles matching your use case and the way you want other users to interact in Jira Product Discovery. 

This will give you more granularity on who can: 

• Manage views
  • Manage the delivery section of an idea
  • Create insights
  • Manage idea templates
  • Create view comments 

To start creating custom roles, go in Project settings > Access > Manage roles 

ezgif-1-28870b7d23.gif

Let us know what you think about it! 

8 comments

Comment

James Doyle November 30, 2022

Hi @Hermance NDounga 

Can you advise please how this ties in with GA and having users who are contributors and creators please? 

My understanding (maybe incorrectly) is that when discovery goes to GA then there would be two roles? Is that correct? 

Cheers, James. 

Like • # people like this
Lu Reed November 30, 2022

Made my morning, first thing I did today was yank access from the masses and scale back to only what's needed. 

This is super helpful, thank you! 

I too have questions around billing for the GA release; we need the ability for others outside of product to submit an idea for JPD and in order to do that today, we would be giving everyone Creator access. Are there plans in the future to add Forms for submission like within a Business project or will these new permissions not count as a full Creator seat? 

Additionally, would it be possible to make specific view private? Often time as I am working through Roadmap changes I find people creeping and asking questions before I'm ready to share out with the broader audience -- would be super helpful! 

Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

I like it a lot!

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2022

@James Doyle @Lu Reed - great questions, that point definitely requires a bit of clarification: 

Once we ship the creator/contributor model, we will also revisit the Access screen to make it clear who pays (creators) and who don't (contributors). 

You can assume that the "contributors" will have at least the same rights as a current "viewer", and we are actively exploring what's the best experience to let these users submit their feedback.

On the other hand, the "creators" can be Administrators, Members, or any custom role in between :) 

Sam.Youssif November 30, 2022

@Hermance NDounga  THANK YOU very much. We've been waiting for this for a few months and thanks for keeping your commitments to deliver it.

Please pass on our appreciation to the team.

Like • Hermance NDounga likes this
Shannon Graham December 1, 2022

Hello this looks great and perfect timing for my needs! I am not seeing if I can update this permission to only a particular view though instead of the entire project? And also if we allow a "public view" - can it be someone who does not have a Jira license? I'm not seeing that when updating permissions and we were hoping to use it similar to what Product Board offers where we can allow customers to "vote" and add "insights". Any insights here would be helpful! Thank you!

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2022

@Shannon Graham For the moment these permissions apply to the project, not to a specific view.

Regarding a "public view", we are currently working on a new model based on creators and contributors, we've described it in this post : Announcing Jira Product Discovery pricing
We've gotten a lot of feedback, some very similar to your use case. This is definitely a use case we keep in mind while we design the solution ;) 

Claudia Nowak February 16, 2023

Hi Hermance, thanks for the feature and explanation!

What would be very useful is if either "viewers" could use - or at least see - the filters set in the stakeholder view etc. or if I could provide that option in the new role management. But it is not there. Our stakeholders are sometiomes confused because the can only see a filtered partition of a roadmap - but not the fact that it is filtered and thus not compelte.

All the best

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events