Product Update: Introducing Voting

Hey Everyone 👋 ,

I have recently joined the JIRA Product Discovery team as a Product Manager 🥳️

This is my first JPD update 😱😱  but it's a good one 😉

I wanted to share with you our new VOTING feature 🗳  as well as a few UX improvements 

• Voting🗳: You can now collaborate with other teams in your organisation, by asking them to vote for ideas that are important to them. This is a great way to help your prioritisation decisions (watch the video 👇 to learn more)
  • A quicker way to add comments and data points from within the views

⚠️ REMINDER ⚠️ - voting needs to be manually turned by the JPD Team at the moment so please comment ⤵️⤵️⤵️ if you would like to try it out!

Thanks,

Sarah 

55 comments

Comment

Dave Hennessy October 1, 2021

Please could I get access to voting ? Cheers

Like Sarah Stenhouse likes this
Ana Duran October 1, 2021

I'd like to access the voting feature. It looks awesome! Also congrats on your first Product Update Sarah, you did great :) 

Jessie Renton October 3, 2021

Thanks for this video @Sarah Stenhouse  You did a wonderful job!

Excited about this feature and would love to have access if possible?

Matt Hamilton October 5, 2021

This looks very interesting, and separate from the current voting feature. We'd love access to be able to use this type of field. 

David Spire October 7, 2021

Please give access to voting feature please :)

David Spire October 19, 2021

Hi, is it possible to have this activated ? We would like to start using it with teams quite soon :)

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. We had a few papercuts to manage before releasing into the wild. Voting should now be available within your JPD project. Please let me know if you have any issues and all feedback is welcome. Thanks, Sarah 

David Spire October 20, 2021

Not yet activated for me, but I assume I should wait a bit ?

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

@David Spire Let me look into this. To check your JPD project is on hotelbb.atlassian.net?

Yep, https://hotelbb.atlassian.net/ and the project name is Product Discovery Management (RQ), thanks for your help

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2021

Hey David, do you want to find some time together to walk through this? This is my calendly link

Great, I offered a session friday morning

Ariana DeJesus January 6, 2022

@Sarah Stenhouse Please activate this for our team :) 

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
January 7, 2022

Hi, @Ariana DeJesus Thanks for reaching out! Everyone can get access to votes now! Here's how to do it - 

Navigate to a view >  Fields > Add field > Create field > Field type: Vote

Cheers,

Sarah

Ariana DeJesus January 7, 2022

Oh awesome! I thought it wasn't activated for us but I missed the Create field step. Thank you for clarifying and keep up the awesome work!!

Jeremy Tang _Trimmy Choo_ March 3, 2022

I like this! One question though: what do you do when you want to start a new round of votes? I noticed in the existing field, you can't edit the # of votes for each user.

Is the best practice to create a new field for each new sprint for example? If so do you still keep the old field?

@Sarah Stenhouse 

Like # people like this
Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2022

Hi Jeremy, 

That's correct - you would create a new voting field for a new set of votes.

Is that what you would expect from this feature? 

Thanks,

Sarah

Jeremy Tang _Trimmy Choo_ March 8, 2022

Hmm I guess so. Just not sure if it's the best way to manage to vote. For example, do we care about previous voting results when we start afresh every time with a new field (new round of voting)?

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2022

Hey Jason, I think a new field can be useful for avoiding bias from the previous voting round, but maybe this could be achieved another way via some sort of history tracking. I'll capture your feedback and log it with the voting improvements. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Like # people like this
Deleted user May 5, 2022

Please let me try voting! thank you

Sarah Stenhouse
Atlassian Team
May 9, 2022

Hey @[deleted] Voting is now turned on for everyone :) 

Dez-Luan October 4, 2022

Hi @Sarah Stenhouse - I'd like to give this voting a try on our project

Kristijan Ostojic October 12, 2022

Can I get it too?

I'd like to use it to calculate the Impact Score

Antoni Harbuz October 17, 2022

Hi - we would like access to voting too please

Jeremy Tang _Trimmy Choo_ November 3, 2022

@Sarah Stenhouse is there a way to see if everyone has voted or how many votes they have spent? I was wondering if everyone has used up their votes without having to chase them personally.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events