How can we use Jira Product Discovery to collect feedback from customers and internal teams?

This is a question that comes up frequently.

In this first version of Jira Product Discovery, we’ve focused on some the jobs that help a PM do their job: prioritizing ideas and opportunities, creating and sharing roadmaps that stay up to date, and capturing feedback from a bunch of different places (interview notes in Confluence/Google Docs, conversations in Slack/Teams). But for now we assume the PMs have existing channels they use to receive feedback, and we help them send this feedback to ideas in Jira Product Discovery.

We have only partially tackled the job of creating a direct feedback channel between customers/users or other internal teams (sales/support/customer success/marketing) with the product team.

We have plans to do more there, but for now these are the options that you can use to do that with the product today, with a few tips&tricks/power user moves:

1. Set up a Jira Service Management queue to receive feedback from customers and internal teams

2. Set up a dedicated Slack channel #product-feedback to receive feedback from internal teams (also works with Teams)

3. Share views with other teams and gather their feedback using fields and votes to receive feedback from internal teams

We hope that helps! 

Cheers,

Tanguy

8 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2021

I just fixed the permissions issue with the videos, you can now access them!

Like Marie-Aline Millot likes this
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

First of all, congrats for this product. I'm really impressed with the user experience. In my opinion it was a great idea to have the product as a Jira project template as the barriers to entry for users will be lower.

I was wondering, can I share this videos out of the community with other users, colleagues or in social media?

Thank you very much, and congrats again!

Leo

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Leo Diaz _ DEISER ,  thank you for the feedback!

Feel free to share the videos with your colleagues/other users, but it would be great if you didn't share in social media yet as we aren't in public beta yet :) We're still progressively inviting people from the waitlist. Thank you!

Like Leo Diaz _ DEISER likes this
Ariana DeJesus January 6, 2022

Hi @Tanguy Crusson 

I'm still unable to access the third link you listed (Share views with other teams), can you update permissions for this? 

Great product and informative videos! 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2022

sorry I missed that one @Ariana DeJesus - done! You can access it now. 

Thanks!

Ariana DeJesus January 6, 2022

Awesome thank you so much!

Shari Sykes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

Hi Tanguy, thank you for the wonderful job you and the JPD team have done with this. My company migrated to using JPD not too long ago and so far it is going well. Do you have any recommendations for adding Prospective Customer names and potential GMV to ideas? I saw the Short Text but nothing that would permit adding a value for the GMV potential along with the company name. Thank you!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2024

@Shari Sykes Thanks! It's far from perfect, but a few teams have created a field named "Customers" of type "multi-select", where the field values are customer names. What you can then do is to define a "Weight" for each field value (either 1-5 or a custom number). When you tag a customer to an idea (by selecting the customer's name in the field value), the views show you the summed weight for all customers that were tagged to the idea. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events