Hello! Welcome to the community group for Jira Product Discovery!

Jira Product Discovery is a solution for teams looking to build their next great product. 

Jira Product Discovery helps you capture Insights as you work, gather & distil those insights into Ideas - things you have discovered that you might want to build. An Idea has Fields which allows for rich, dynamic sorting and comparison. Views such as a roadmaps, lists and 2x2s allow you to prioritise, rank and solicit input from customers or colleagues. Once you’ve decided what needs to be built, Delivery Tickets help transfer those Ideas will full context & history to development teams via Jira Software.

Welcome to Jira Product Discovery!

Meet the team :wave:

You have the eyes and ears of the team building Jira Product Discovery, and we are actively involved in this group! You’ll hear from:

• Product managers: Tanguy Crusson, Hermance NDounga and Rohan Swami
  • Designers: Catalin Bridinel, Hanna Sazanova and Amy Yu
  • Marketers: John McKiernan and Chris Hall

We would love for you to introduce yourselves when you join. Then hop in on the discussion – no question, idea or feedback is off limits!

Getting started

The easiest way to get started is by watching the Introduction to Jira Product Discovery video and following along.

You also can follow these 5 steps to get started:

1. Create ideas to capture problems and opportunities directly in Jira Product Discovery. Ideas can be added manually when in a list or board view or imported from one of our many integrations such as Slack or our Chrome extension.

2. Add views to prioritize, organize, and share your plans. You will find a few lists and boards already created for you – take a look and see what works for you! If you are creating a view that will be shared with stakeholders, try creating a board and adding some colors to help your stakeholders easily understand the information.

3. Customize fields to track what matters to you and your stakeholders. Want to balance data and giving your team a voice? Try using voting as a field and a calculated field for priority score!

4. Connect the apps you use for user feedback, product analytics and more in the capture section. Check out some of the integrations we recommend in our capture section, and if you don’t see your favorites there, let us know!

5. Send ideas for delivery to Jira and stay on top of the status as work progresses. You can send any idea to your dev team in the delivery tab of the idea or from your list view.

Here are some additional best practices to follow:

If you need help…

There are two places you can go:

• Of course, this group where you can start a discussion or ask a question to get help from the Jira Product Discovery team as well as the broader community.

• In the product, use the “Submit Feedback” button to send us bugs and suggestions for how to improve the product.

21 comments

Comment

Erion Peci November 17, 2021

@Chris Hall  How can I enable this product for my organization ? 

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Erion Peci! You can sign up using this link: https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=jira-product-discovery. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Wade Courtney January 12, 2022

Hi, I signed up a couple of weeks ago. When should I hear something about being in the Beta?

Thanks

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Wade Courtney! Thanks for your interest. You can sign up here: https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=jira-product-discovery.

Like Wade Courtney likes this
Steve Whitaker February 2, 2022

Hi guys, we are excited about this new functionality in Jira to link front end ideation in the same tool as delivery. Looking at the videos the functionality looks great so excited about trying it out. I am at the initial stage on planning the beta trial and deciding if we just do a light trial or go deeper on the assumption we would adopt. To help with this decision it would be good to get an indication on the likely bounds of the additional subscription costs once this is GA?

Like Stacy Smith likes this
Jonathan Hau March 21, 2022

I recently dived into JPD with my team and they are absolutely loving it! Here are a few things that the team likes:
- Analysis of impact items can be done directly within JPD

- We can create a customized Matrix view with our own X, Y axis.
- We have the ability to change the "Groupings" within the Plan view. This really helps the team understand the various inputs used to determine an item's priority ranking.
- Quarterly roadmaps are SO EASY to create and modify (similar to trello)

There's so much my team is loving about JPD so far!!! GJ Atlassian for finally making this aspect of what's been needed for so long within the Atlassian suite of products. We're thrilled this is here!!!

Like Chris Hall likes this
Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2022

Glad to hear you and your team are enjoying the product so much @Jonathan Hau!! Thanks for the positive feedback!

Like Jonathan Hau likes this
Tremis Skeete July 7, 2022

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you to the Atlassian JPD product team for allowing me to sign up. As I explore the features I'm totally seeing the possibilities for how JPD can make an impact. I look forward to learning more about what Jira Product Discovery is capable of. Thanks everyone!

sadamkiewicz August 19, 2022

Hi -

When do you intend for this product to be out of Beta testing? At that time will this feature be a paid add on?

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
August 19, 2022

Hey @sadamkiewicz, welcome to the Jira Product Discovery community! You can refer to this FAQ for any questions about the beta program and licensing: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-beta-program-licensing-etc/ba-p/1873127.

sadamkiewicz August 19, 2022

Thanks, @Chris Hall , however, the FAQ does not specify when the Discovery project will go GA nor does it provide information on pricing. We'd like to know more about this before committing to using the feature. Do you have any more information?

Like # people like this
David Meredith September 2, 2022

Hi all,

I'm excited to test the product and provide some feedback. I've signed up and I've got an e-mail saying 'Welcome to Jira Product Discovery BETA' but I don't seem to have a way to create a Discovery project?

In my projects list I can filter for JPD projects but there doesn't seem to be an option when I go through the create projects menu?

I may be doing something wrong... Can someone please provide some guidance?

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2022

Hi @David Meredith! Welcome to the group and we're excited to have you in the Jira Product Discovery beta. The product discovery template is located in the product management sub menu. Once you click "use template," you will be prompted to set up a project. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

David Meredith September 9, 2022

Hey Chris,

The BETA signup hadn't worked propertly for my instance. Did it again and it's all fine now. Thanks

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
September 9, 2022

Great to hear! Thanks for the update @David Meredith!

Aidan Depetro September 13, 2022

Hi All,

Having customised Jira Software to suit our discovery workflow, I'm definitely excited to give this a try.

I've entered the beta and can see Jira Product discovery in my Jira instance now, although it says I need to create a project - how do I add or link JPD to an existing Jira Software project? Or do I need to create a separate JPD project if I want to use it for my product?

Chris Hall
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2022

Hi @Aidan Depetro! Welcome to Jira Product Discovery! You can watch this video to see how you can link an idea in Jira Product Discovery to an issue in Jira Software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYBq2HrATN0. You will first need to create a new Jira Product Discovery project to do this.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions!

Like Aidan Depetro likes this
Zeinab Ibrahim October 29, 2022

Hey everyone, my name is zeinab and I'm a product manager  I'm super excited about this new feature and i decided to learn about it all today

Like Hermance NDounga likes this
Veselina Milanova October 31, 2022

Hey everyone, another PM here and extremely excited seeing the possibility to keep all things product from discovery to delivery and roadmap in one tool! One thing I'd be keen on understanding from others is how do you enable an opportunity - solutions view? I've entered some opportunities we've discovered and would love to show the multiple solutions there could be within an opportunity. How would you suggest doing that?

lkoffi November 2, 2022

Hi team, i'm leandre KOFFI, Information system architect. I'm enthousiast about this app. It helps more people with middle skills to achieve great things. Thanks for all.

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2022

Hi all, 

I am glad to say we can finally share that:

1) JPD will definitely be moving to GA (date yet to be confirmed)

2) The pricing for Jira Product Discovery is ready. Read all about it over here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Announcing-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing/ba-p/2194104

Cheers,

John 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events