It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems Edited

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective incident analysis in software-reliant organizations.

Previously, I was Chief Technology Officer at Etsy. I also have a Master’s degree in Human Factors and Systems Safety at Lund University. I’ve worked at various other companies in software systems engineering and operations roles, and authored several books on these topics.

I’ve noticed a gap exists between how we tend to think incidents happen and how they actually happen in reality. Real incidents are messy. And common measurements around incidents tend to generate very little insight about the events, or what directions a team or company might take to make improvements

But with training and guidance, I believe teams can better understand what their incidents are trying to tell them and really take advantage of these important events to shed light on areas critically valuable for the business.

Start submitting questions now below (yes, it says “answers") and tune in Tuesday, December 11th from 11 am to 12 pm PST (2-3pm EST) when I'll be answering questions live.

See you then,

John 

---

Note from Atlassian: For more on John’s work, check out Adaptive Capacity Labs. To learn how Atlassian manages incidents, check out our incident handbook and Jira Ops.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you