September 2020 update: What’s new and what’s coming to Jira Cloud for Mac

Hello again, dear Community members.

The year is steadily creeping forward (we can’t quite believe it either), and we hope you’re all safe and well.

In the land of Jira Cloud for Mac, things are getting shinier and more powerful. Here’s a snapshot of what’s new this quarter, and what we’re currently working on:

New and improved features

Editing issues: Faster, smoother, slicker

MAC1-Editor-Dark.png

We’re rolling out a new editing experience, with a ton of hefty improvements:

• Snappy inline text editing. (Nothing freezes, lurches, or jumps, even in Dark Mode.)

• Better copy/paste functionality across every part of an issue. (Description, comment, you name it. Plus, copy/pasting multiple files at once is spectacular. Try it.)

• Adjustable font sizes

• Keyboard shortcuts for faster text formatting

• Smoother arrow-key navigation

• Auto-saved descriptions (protecting unsaved edits!)

• Faster @mentions

• Improved smart link handling

• Slash commands for adding complex content (such as quotes and code block) and colored panels (to highlight information, notes, warnings)

Backlog planning: Better than ever

MAC2-Filter-1.png

Grooming your backlog and planning your sprints can be done easily in the Mac app.

Backlogs now display:

• Assignee avatars

• Story points (including total points per sprint)

• Quick filters (such as assignee)

• Sprint goals

• Epics, labels, and status

Crucial development info: All in one place

MAC3-Devpanel-Dark.png

Development info continues to expand in the Mac app, enabling you to complete your agile software development workflow faster and more efficiently – without the need to move between multiple products.

The new ‘glance panel’ within issues enables you to quickly view your critical development information in order to keep work moving forward: branch details, commits, pull requests, builds, reviews. Soon, you’ll be able to do even more – including going directly to a linked pull request with a single click! (See 'Developer tool links & panels' below.)

Service desk management: Process requests with ease

MAC4-Approvals-Light.png

Completing your IT workflow within the Mac app is easier than ever:

• View multiple service desk queues side-by-side for easier monitoring

• Update and respond to requests faster

• Integrate with OpsGenie: Link, view, and create major incidents from your service desk

• Choose from a growing number of issue fields (including change management and affected services)

Features we’re working on

Dashboards & gadgets

Getting a super quick overview of your most important stuff can be an enormous time-saver and stress-reliever. Am I right?

Dashboards containing your favorite gadgets are winding their way to the Mac app. Rejoice!

You’ll be able to see summaries of (for example) work that’s assigned to you, work that you’re watching, and instantly access your personal filters (without wasting precious seconds clicking through multiple menus, several times a day).

For managers, monitoring multiple project statuses and keeping on top of concurrent deadlines is easier than ever with a single, personalized dashboard. In an instant, see how everything’s tracking, without the need to obtain status updates from multiple places.

We’re creating the most-used gadgets first (such as issue lists, pie charts, and tables), and rolling them out gradually.

Developer tool links & panels

Viewing and interacting with your third party developer tools from within the Mac app will soon be possible.

Without having to navigate between multiple products, you’ll be able to access all of your dev-tool information directly from linked issues in the app, including pull requests, commits, repositories, and builds – right down to specific code within individual branches. It’ll enable you to save time, and move work forward faster.

That’s it from us. We’ll see you in a few months with another update.

Stay safe, and look after yourselves.

Download Jira Cloud for Mac. And don't forget, you can sign up to be a beta tester to get early access as we make updates.

Stay connected with the Community by sharing your thoughts below!

4 comments

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2020

great features.

Dave Solwold October 7, 2020

Awesome! I like how much this all continued to evolve for the better.

Mixolidia Gautreaux October 12, 2020

How can I download this without having an Apple account?

I'd rather not use my personal account to download software for my work computer.

There really should be a way to download this independently from the Apple store.

They won't verify my account without a phone call or text. I don't have a phone for work.

Kirstin Litz October 13, 2020

Happy about the auto-save on descriptions. Need to check out the shortcuts as was interested in those just yesterday.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events