New features: Reports and Releases on Jira Cloud for Mac

Hands up if you’d like to hear some good news right about now? (There’s certainly an abundance of bad news in the world right now. We hope you and your loved ones are coping well during this unprecedented time.)

Jira Cloud for Mac has just unleashed some new features:

Reports

Teams use reports to track and analyze their work throughout a project, as well as after a project’s completion.

Gain a visual overview of your team’s latest stats:

• Burndown reports in next-gen projects provide key information to scrum teams who complete epics in sprints. Specifically, they help you track whether or not an epic will be released on time. Learn more about scrum

• Velocity charts in next-gen projects track completed work across sprints, helping teams track their (you guessed it) velocity, and subsequently estimate their future workload capability. Learn more about sprints

• Cumulative flow diagrams* in next-gen projects help teams monitor the overall status of a project’s issues, and identify potential bottlenecks before they cause too much trouble. Learn about issues in Jira Software for web

*Cumulative flow diagrams are about to launch. We're on the absolute cusp. Stay tuned!

Want to learn more about reports? Check out these short videos showcasing reports on Jira Cloud for web. (Note: The videos are not specific to mac)

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.41.42.png

Releases

Releasing a version of work is a big deal. It’s often the culmination of many months of hard work. 

Many teams organize work into releases, which are shipped regularly as versions upon completion. Versions include epics, which usually consist of many issues. (Layered like an onion – issues in epics in versions in releases.)

To learn more about working with releases and versions, check out this tutorial.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 10.39.54.png

What's next?

Our pipeline is bursting with other Jira goodies, such as development info within issues (including glance panels), and performance improvements related to the overall editing experience (for example, editing an issue's description). 

What other features would you like to see?

Let us know in the comments below!

12 comments

Ralf Baumbach April 27, 2020

I would actually like to see a well-thought-through app (website, client, I don't really care where in particular, they all have their heavy load of problems) instead of these worfklow-breaking, inconsistent, unintuitive UI monsters that you usually deliver. Jira really starts feeling like iTunes, every version getting worse and worse, because you have to put one feature after the other in it instead of concentrating on your mission and getting the basics right. If I wouldn't have to use your apps for my work, I would never even look at them. Please get some focus and stop hiding behind buzzwords.

Like # people like this
scott.brinley April 27, 2020

Need the ability to Add Watchers to an issue.

bnowacky April 27, 2020

Private Cloud support ! ! 

HenryT April 27, 2020

Is there a way in the MacOS app to view multiple windows? It would be useful to be able to open more than one ticket/document at a time.

Ran Ever-Hadani April 27, 2020

How do you login to it with a single sign on?

Damon Shaw April 27, 2020

Would be nice to be able to create a branch

ach April 28, 2020

I have an error when try to change ticket status "We couldn't make that happen because you don't have Schedule Issues permission." however from web based version it works good and allow me to change ticket status.

That's important because it blocks me to work only from the app.

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hi @Ralf Baumbach , thanks for the feedback. If you'd like, you can email us at jira-cloud-native@atlassian.com with your experiences using the app, and/or any feature requests/improvements. We value everyone's feedback; it helps us build great stuff, and continue improving our products.

Hi @scott.brinley , this feature is in our backlog. Thank you for submitting the request for it here. Other people can upvote it, too.

Hi @Ran Ever-Hadani , are you already signed into Google? SSO should work automatically. Reach out if you continue having problems.

Hi @Damon Shaw , we're currently working on the dev panel, and viewing branches may soon be possible. However, creating branches may not be implemented soon. But we're always reevaluating feature requests and taking customer feedback on-board.

Hi @ach , are you attempting to update the exact same issue in the same project on both the web and mac app? The permissions should be the same across both if you're using the same account, so this sounds like it could be a bug. Please reach out to https://support.atlassian.com/ so they can investigate for you.

Like scott.brinley likes this
Ran Ever-Hadani April 29, 2020

@Hannah McKenzie Thanks - I figured it out.  I used homebrew to install it (`

brew cask install jira-client`) , and it turns out that is a 3 year old version.  I installed the latest through the mac app store, and now all is well.  I suggest you remove the old version from cask, and perhaps replace it with the new one.

Keith Herrington April 30, 2020

I don't have access to product-fabric.atlassian.net, but would love to see linked Confluence pages in JIRA tickets in the macOS app like you can on the Web.

Conor McGee May 19, 2020

It's frankly a little insulting that you would repurpose an iOS app and waste our time testing it.

Like Ralf Baumbach likes this
Dvir Arad October 13, 2020

Hi
How can I open a Jira task at the Mac APP from email(Gmail) notification?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events