Jira Mobile - “Cannot edit Request Type. Contact your admin for details.”

Evan Gilner April 3, 2021

Hi, I swear I used to be able to edit the Request Type for issues, but now that functionality seems to have been disabled for Jira Mobile - it still works just fine on the web. I’ve talked with our lead system admin who says he didn’t touch any settings related to Jira Mobile and I’ve looked all over in the Project settings, Admin settings, etc. but so far I haven’t found any setting that re-enables this. 

25889FD8-DF91-4D5E-BD23-C9FB73A3B54F.jpeg

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

@Evan Gilner Hi Evan, it seems you've discovered a bug in the app! Thanks for letting us know, we're working to get that fixed ASAP.

Normally, some request types cannot be edited (if, for example, the admin has set up the project in a certain way). But in this case, since you can edit via web, this is a bug.

The fix for this will be available in the next release, which is scheduled to roll out from the 19th April 2021.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

Evan Gilner April 12, 2021

Glad to help Hannah!

Do you know when this update will be available via TestFlight for iOS? I’m eager to test it!

Like Hannah McKenzie likes this
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

@Evan Gilner If you've signed up to be a beta tester, you may get access to the release a few days earlier (potentially the 16th). It's great to hear you're looking forward to it! Thanks for providing feedback.

Like Evan Gilner likes this
Simone Longoni April 14, 2021

Any plan to fix this bug?

We are experiencing the issue on multiple fields on Classic project (while on Next Gen works fine).

Thanks!

Like Stefano Galli likes this
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2021

@Simone Longoni Hi Simone, 

The fix for this will be available in the next release, which is scheduled to roll out from the 19th April 2021.

Like Simone Longoni likes this
Evan Gilner April 15, 2021

@Hannah McKenzie @Simone Longoni Ive just updated to the latest version, 128, from TestFlight, and can confirm the issue is now resolved!!! I can finally edit the Request Type now. See screenshot:

6A81E9D2-B34D-4671-89EB-65450C569FF4.pngThank you!

Like # people like this
Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2021

@Evan Gilner Excellent to hear! Thanks again for letting us know about the bug.

Like Evan Gilner likes this
Gábor Kollár January 19, 2022

Hi Hannah,

we are experiencing the same issue. Can not change the Issue type/Request type in iOS nor on Android, and the issue is the same in the macOS Jira app. Nor the service desk team members nor the admins can not change it so I think it should not be a permission related issue. Or it is? :)

We are using a Customer service management company-managed project template.

Thanks for your help to find the proper setting in advance.

Best regards,

Gabor

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2022

Hi @Gábor Kollár, if you open this same project via your web browser, are you able to edit the request type?

Gábor Kollár January 23, 2022

Hi Hannah,

yes, it is editable in a web browser.

0 votes
Stefano Galli April 19, 2021

Hi Jira Team,

i'm experiencing the same problem on the mac desktop app, despite having updated to the latest version. In particular, i can't edit story points and reporter fields.
If i create a new story, i can't set the story points field because is not present.

On Next Gen everything works fine, the problem seams related only on Classic project, as stated by my coworker @Simone Longoni 

i'm running on mac os catalina, version 10.15.7

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 12.03.19.pngScreenshot 2021-04-14 at 12.12.12.png

Thanks for your support!

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2021

Hello @Stefano Galli,

If you open this same project via your web browser, are you able to edit story points and the reporter field?

If not, the project's admin may have set up a permissions scheme whereby permission is required to edit those fields.

However, if you can edit those same fields in the same project via web, then you may have uncovered a bug for us. Please let me know if this is the case, and I'll work to get it fixed asap.

Thanks for reaching out!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Evan Gilner 

What type of project is this on company-managed or team-managed service desk?  Also for that issue type is their other request types it can be changed to?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events