Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot View Remaining Hours

David Hudson April 9, 2021

I am trying to edit tasks to change the remaining hours. But this does not seem to be an option I can choose on the mobile app. Am I unable to view all issue options via this means?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hello @David Hudson,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my Android mobile, I can see the Time Tracking with the log and remaining. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 17.47.19.png Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 17.47.59.png

The field that doesn’t show information is the Original estimate, but checking on the web version, the Original estimate has the same value I added on the Time estimate.

Do the fields show normally in the web version?

Is it happening on a next-gen or a classic project?

Kind regards,
Angélica

David Hudson April 13, 2021

Fields show normally on web version. There is a remaining estimate that I am able to edit. We are still using classic projects.

Neither time tracking nor remaining estimate show up on my iPad. While time tracking does show on the iOS version on iPhone, it does not allow you to edit the remaining time.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2021

The fields have different names in mobile and web versions.

I tested here and the Remaining Estimate is the same as Time Estimate.

The Time Estimate can be changed (at least on the Android version) and it will reflect on the web version as that the Remaining Estimate was changed. 

On the screenshot below, I changed the Time Estimate on the mobile, and the other screenshot shows on the Activity Stream on the web version that the Remaining Estimate was changed.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.25.46.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.25.59.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.22.38.png

Are you using the same account on web and mobile version? I'm asking because there are permissions specific for Time tracking, so in case you are using different accounts, it would be important to check if the account has these permissions.

I’m escalating this question to the mobile team because I don’t have iPad and iPhone to test here. Once I have an update, I’ll post it here.

David Hudson April 14, 2021

Thank you for checking. It is concerning they are the same name on mobile. We never change the original estimate as we use that to determine scope creep and better estimating for future tasks. But we do change the Remaining so that we can manage developer hours for the sprint.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

Hi David,

I received a response from our mobile team and they said that the field is part of the Time Tracking field.

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 09.21.50.png

Using the web version, please go to Project settings > Issue layout and then click on "Edit layout" and confirm if the Time Tracking is under Context fields for all issue types.

David Hudson April 16, 2021

I have updated the layout. The problem is that it does not show the currently remaining. So, while it does enable me to edit it, why does it show as “Calculate Automatically” rather than just show me what the current remaining is?

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 7.42.43 AM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

Thank you for the screenshot, David.

It shows by default the “Calculate automatically” in case you don’t want to add a new estimate, but you need to click on it to edit the Remaining Estimate.

I recorded a gif of the test I made on the Jira Cloud for Mac app today:

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you face any issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events