Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Anything: Jira Cloud apps on iOS and Android

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020
Edit: This AMA event is now closed. 
March 26, 2020
Hey everyone!

WE'RE LIVE! for this AMA. Ask me anything about our Jira Cloud Mobile apps in iOS & Android.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Steen Andersson, the head of Jira Cloud Platform.

We believe that work has changed – the modern global workforce demands more flexibility, communication, and collaboration. We’ve designed the Jira native apps to help you work in your own terms; stay close to your issues, projects and teams; know what to work on right away; move work forward wherever, whenever, on any device.

In the last few months, we’ve shipped new Jira capabilities, a new user-friendly navigation UI, and tons of performance improvements. With more software, IT, and business use-cases as well as reporting features on the horizon, we’re executing on our goal of creating the perfect all-day companion for effective software, IT, and business individuals.

We are not done yet, but we’d love to hear what you think of the apps so far.

Ask me anything about the Jira Cloud Mobile apps:

• How do the mobile apps help me?
  • What is the mobile apps team currently working on?
  • What’s next on the mobile apps roadmap?

Upvote others' questions and stay tuned as I’ll be answering anything on your mind on March 26. 

23 answers

3 votes
AH March 18, 2020

I'd really love to be able to process Jira Service Desk approvals via the mobile app.  Found a ticket for it over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6093 Any chance this feature could come to the Jira mobile app soon?

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

Hi @AH

Good news! You can process approvals in the mobile apps. This feature has been available since earlier this year on both android and iOS mobile apps.

It seems the request you linked just hadn't been updated, I have notified the team to update it.

Enjoy approving requests on the go!

2 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

Hi @Steen Andersson ,

Recently we just encountered issues with display data in the mobile, it looks like custom fields and add-on fields like portfolio is not supported or showing. 

Now these add-ons are essential to our instance we should be able to see these kinds of fields.

Is there a way to / management for mobile where we can choose what to show or what not to show?

Sincerely,
Bryan

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi Bryan,

We currently support a majority of the custom field types available in Jira and are continually adding more with a vision to support all fields. If you email the team at jira-cloud-native@atlassian.com, with the custom field types you find are missing it will help them prioritise these field types amongst all the others that other users need. 

The team has also recently introduced add-on support for glances (add-ons that appear in the right hand side of the new issue view). Ecosystem partners are currently testing their glances to ensure they work as expected in the mobile apps and when they are ready, they are letting us know and we are enabling them for users. We have already enabled glances from the likes of tempo, issue checklist, better pdf exporter and AtlasCRM among others, with many more partners still testing and updating their glances. The team is looking into which plugin point we will support next in mobile so again I would suggest you get in contact with them to describe your use case.

Like # people like this
2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2020

Since you suggested it...

What’s next on the mobile apps roadmap?

Thanks!

Carolyn

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @carolyn french,

We've got lots of great features in the works. What might be most exciting is that we'll be bringing customer favourites such as Reports and Dashboards to mobile!

The team is also working on:

• Enabling more ecosystem partners glances in the issue view
  • Some exciting new integrations with OpsGenie for incident management
  • Adding support for more custom fields 
  • Performance improvements around viewing issue times

So stay tuned for the latest updates to the apps!

Like carolyn french likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2020

Thank you!

1 vote
Bridging Gaps in India March 24, 2020

Hi, I am Ranjan from Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.

Am a travelling Designer into improving and introducimg new methodologies into Education using Apps.

Do let me know how your interface could help me develop apps that can improve classroom deliveries of lesson plans using multi media resources.

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi Ranjan,

That's fantastic work you're doing and we'd love to be able help. I think that Trello would be a great Atlassian product for you, it's a visual collaboration tool which makes it easy to plan lessons and seamlessly include media attachments. Even better is that it's free to use and as an educator you are entitled to the business edition at no cost! Check it out here https://trello.com/en-AU/education

1 vote
Joan_Melendez March 24, 2020

I have one for you!  In response to Covid19 we created HospitalPrepare.org.  Hospitals not only have to find supplies... but they'll need to find people.  We want to use Jira Service desk for this since we can easily link it to the website.  My question.  How can I create an easier selection for state or profession?  I don't want to use a freetext field and need users to be able to select multiple items.  Thanks! 

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @Joan_Melendez,

For the ‘state’ field, since you know all the options available I would suggest you use a ‘Select List (multiple choices)’ custom field type. This will mean the user can select multiple options from a defined set of values, in this case the state names, which you set up.

For the profession field, it depends if you also know the finite list of professions - you could use another ‘Select List (multiple choices)’ custom field type, perhaps with an ‘other’ option and another optional issue field that is free text for them to specify if they select other for profession?

If you go to {yourjirainstancename}.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa  and click the ‘Create custom field’ button you can look through all the different custom field types and their descriptions in case the ‘Select List (multiple choices)’ field type doesn’t suit your needs.

Hope this helps - glad to hear that you are using our products for such an important job.

1 vote
Milan Kazarka March 23, 2020

Oh! @Steen Andersson - former colleague. Hey. Coincidence.

Tbh. I need to look at Jira after the redesign, since for the longest time I was always just tapping the button (view in old design or what the text was).

I never used it on mobile - though if it would be more a consolidation of the current state of the webapp and not a copy than it might be helpful.

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hey Milan! Yeah, give the mobile apps a go and let the team know what you think! We'd love your feedback. 

1 vote
Fahad_Yahya_AL-Busaidi March 23, 2020

Hello Dear,

We would like to use this Jira Software Cloud t manage company's projects. could you provide us the quotation for its license?

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @Fahad_Yahya_AL-Busaidi , we love that you'd like to use Jira Software and we have some great news. We now offer a free plan for up to 10 users so there's no need for a quote, for the full details please head here https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing.

1 vote
Dave_Sheehan March 20, 2020

I am interested in this, Jira Servicedesk Mobile, also, and quite disappointed to get a flat error message that Jira Servicedesk is not supported.

Consciously or not, this perpetuates the systemic discrimination and contempt for Support professionals in the tech industry.

Time to wake up, Atlassian, your service users can help you.  You say you are progressive but don’t show it with your actions.

I think I hear your competitors calling me.

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @Dave_Sheehan 

Sorry to hear that you were unable to access Jira Service Desk on mobile however we do indeed support this!

If you head over to
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/mobile-app you'll be able to download Jira Cloud from the google play store or the app store which supports both Jira Software and Jira Service Desk.

At Atlassian IT Service Management is a key priority for us and we recognise the integral part that support professionals, such as yourself, play in the tech industry.

I hope that the above information resolves your issue and if not please don't hesitate to reach out to
jira-cloud-native@atlassian.com so that the team can help.

1 vote
eren March 20, 2020

what I'd suggest, you fully focus on web app first which is full of bugs and massively slow, get that right —— then move onto mobile

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

We’re constantly working at improving all our experiences, web, mobile and more recently our Jira for Mac native MacOS app so stay tuned for more improvements to all platforms. If you have a Mac I would suggest giving the Jira for Mac app a try, it has some speed advantages over the web interface due to on device caching: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/jira-cloud-by-atlassian/id1475897096?mt=12

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @Consulente Atlassian

looks like you asked that question in the right place and have a resolution there.

Deleted user March 27, 2020

@Steen Andersson 

Hi, after writing the message in the wrong place, this place I say, I realized that you have not provided the possibility in this community application of yours to allow a user like me to delete a wrong message.

I also tried to report the problem to your unreachable technical support. But I'm still waiting for an answer.

so since you are inside Atlassian, you report the real problem: how to delete messages from users who accidentally end up in a topic.

Ciao and good work.

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020
0 votes
Vladimir Petrov August 24, 2020

Hi there, I am very happy to see that you are working on that direction.

Few weeks ago we initiate a project that include access to our service desk from mobile device with attachment of picture as evidence. As a standard for our organisation is to equip employees with Android mobile phones and we found that mobile app is available. When install it and connect to our local installation of Jira Service Desk we found that some of used forms are not working. In parallel we test it with iOS and they are visible and working.  We are using Mobile for Jira SD app version 3.8.0 on both devices Android and iOS

Screenshot_20200824_161625_com.infosysta.mobile.mfjsdp.jpg

Thank you in advanced :)

Vladimir

Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2020

Vladimir, the screenshot that you sent is not our mobile apps. Can you post the links of the playstore/appstore so we know which app did you download?

These are our apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atlassian.android.jira.core&hl=en_AU

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/jira-cloud-by-atlassian/id1006972087

Like Josh Carolan likes this
0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2020

It would be great have customer portal in mobile (if its not there yet), with the feature of connect to some asset management and open tickets based on QRCode of the asset. 

Customer would be able to open the support ticket with full information about him or himself + the asset they want get help on it. 

0 votes
Joan_Melendez March 24, 2020

If you asking how to update the Request form... go to Project Settings > Request types.  Select the request type to modify > click on the request form and select the fields.  You have to have already created the fields.

Issues > Custom Fields > Create

0 votes
Komal_Sheikh March 24, 2020

Hi- How do I update existing Request forms withing my Service Desk project.  These forms have pre drop down options for each of the fields- I want to remove and add new options to the existing fields.

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @Komal_Sheikh 

@Joan_Melendez  answered your question perfectly below. I will copy her answer here in case you missed it.

If you asking how to update the Request form... go to Project Settings > Request types.  Select the request type to modify > click on the request form and select the fields.  You have to have already created the fields.

Issues > Custom Fields > Create

Thank you @Joan_Melendez  for helping out the community!

0 votes
Kendra March 24, 2020

pls disregard-thx

0 votes
santiago.remon March 24, 2020

HI, I am trying to convince my boss to move to next-gen, however He is pointing me out that we need to have Components like in the old version, when are they be available in Nex-Gen? Thanks

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi @santiago.remon 

We have a public roadmap for next-gen features available here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen

If you don't find what you are looking for there, please go to jira.atlassian.com and raise a feature request (or if one already exists, vote for it!)

0 votes
Alfredo Aldino Chamusso March 24, 2020

Hi How do I set deadlines in my tasks?

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi Alfredo,

You could use a custom date field in your issue type set-up as your deadline date. Then you can create some JQL filters to set up alerts for issues nearing their deadline!

0 votes
Faye_oconnor March 22, 2020

Hi I was using trello to set up a school diary for my kids. I could only access through atlassian for some reason. I followed a link to Facebook but now trello has locked me out. And won’t send me a reset email because my account is restricted to atlassian. Can anyone help me get back in? I don’t want to have to start sorting the homeschool out all over again. #losingthewilltolive

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

Hi @Faye_oconnor ,

Can you open a support ticket with Trello? I'm sure they can help you resolve it ASAP and get your kids back in line :)

https://trello.com/en/contact

Like Steen Andersson likes this
0 votes
Julia Bailey March 20, 2020

Hey, I know you! Hi Steen . . . 

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

Hi Julia! I hope things are going well for you. Stay safe!

0 votes
John Gates March 19, 2020

We use Confluence Cloud.  A number of our users use Evernote.  It doesn't appear that we can integrate Evernote with Confluence Cloud.  It does look like you can integrate Evernote with regular Confluence.  Any help here?  Both apps are critical to us and we'd like to be able to use them together.

Steen Andersson
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

I would suggest you ask this question in the confluence cloud community space and someone should be able to help you there! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud/ct-p/confluence-cloud

0 votes
Vivek Bohra March 19, 2020

Can i create COMPONENT & COMPONENT OWNER under my project with JIRA CLOUD free subscription?

Josh Carolan
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

@Vivek Bohra you certainly can :)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bharath Kumar Kappala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2020

Noted thank you @Steen Andersson 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events