Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say hi to a couple of Jira Cloud Mobile team members

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Hello exquisite Community members,

Our names are Rayen and Hannah, and we’re part of the Jira Cloud mobile team. We’ll be popping into this space sporadically to answer your questions about the Jira Cloud iOS app, Android app, and Mac app. We'll also provide updates on new features and improvements over time.

Haven't got the Jira Cloud mobile app yet? Find it here.

So we thought we should introduce ourselves.

As you know, making a good first impression can be a veritable minefield of faux pas and awkward side-eyes.

isabel-vittrup-pallier-yy03FLwEWAw-unsplash.jpg

So we trawled the internet for tips and tricks behind successful introductions, and chose three pieces of wisdom:

1. Wikihow suggests: Share relevant information about yourself

Rayen: Hello! I am a Product Manager in Atlassian working on our mobile and desktop apps. It is a very exciting area because we cover multiple products (Software, Service Desk and Core) and we get to work with many teams across the business. I talk with customers, partners and our teams to ensure we deliver popular features in the apps. My day to day varies a lot, but it always boils down to setting goals, helping the team and making sure we can hit our commitments as time goes on.

image-20200305-023336.pngRayen in work mode

Hannah: I’m an Atlassian Content Designer, which is like a Technical Writer. I create online documentation for our software, as well as craft the UI copy. (Plus lots of other stuff.) I work alongside developers and designers in Sydney, helping to guide to the overall user experience.

hannahcoffee.jpeg

Hannah in non-work mode

2. Quora.com says: Talk about who inspires you

Rayen: Many people inspire me! One of them is Kazuo Hirai who used to run all of Sony. He helped turn around Sony through breaking silos, championing innovation during tough times and bridging different cultures. Very down to earth guy.

kazhirai2.jpg

Hannah: I'm inspired by Turia Pitt, Australian burns survivor. After being caught in a grassfire during an ultramarathon race, doctors told her she’d never walk again. Five years later, she completed her first Ironman competition. She’s incredibly strong-willed, determined, and optimistic.

turiapitt.jpeg

3. Ideas.ted.com suggests: Flashback to your childhood

Rayen: I started programming by making games. I did my best to copy those popular games from Nokia phones with this little program called Game Maker.

Nokia_Snake-1280x533.jpg

Hannah: I read the entire series of The Babysitters' Club Little Sister. And… all the Grug books. Remember Grug? Grug was awesome.

grug.jpg

Okay, yes, our intro was short and sweet. But the best things in life are, right?

Keep the conversation going - tell us about yourself in the comments below!

Top photo by Isabel Vittrup-Pallier on Unsplash • Grug image via Windmill

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events