January 2020 update: This is why you need the Jira Cloud mobile app

It’s been four years since a total lunar eclipse took place at the Moon’s descending node of the orbit. (Did you calculate the timing and set your alarm?)

It’s also been four years since the launch of Jira Cloud for mobile. (Which was, arguably, easier to witness. Therefore, on par for impressiveness?)

Ever since it launched, we’ve been working hard to bring all of Jira Cloud for web’s awesome features that you know and love to the mobile experience. Jira Cloud for mobile is now feature-packed and powerful, and available on iOS and Android. Grab it here.

You can create projects, transition issues, start and finish sprints, create and edit roadmaps... (The list goes on.) All in the palm of your hand.

Hannah_2x.png

Work keeps moving – and now you can, too.

Don’t stay at your desk just to stay in the loop.

For advanced configuration, Jira Cloud for web is your weapon of choice; all saved configuration is immediately visible on your mobile, which means the web version can now be fully complemented by the mobile app.

But wait – there’s more.

Our pipeline is bursting with exciting new features. Building new stuff keeps us young and agile. (Pun intended.)

Here’s what we’re currently working on:

Reports

Teams use reports to track and analyze their work throughout a project, as well as after a project’s completion. Reports are already available on Jira Cloud for web, and GOOD NEWS! They’re now being built for mobile. Hurrah!

Soon, you’ll be able to whip out your device on the train/in the elevator/in a meeting and get a visual overview your team’s latest stats.

Some of the most widely-used reports are burndown, cumulative flow, and velocity (as shown in example below).

IMG_7520_iphonexspacegrey_portrait.png

A quick rundown on reports:

– Burndown reports provide key information to scrum teams who complete epics in sprints. Specifically, they help you track whether or not an epic will be released on time. Learn more about scrum

– Cumulative flow diagrams help teams monitor the overall status of a project’s issues, and identify potential bottlenecks before they cause too much trouble. Learn about issues in Jira Software for web

– Velocity charts track completed work across sprints, helping teams track their (you guessed it) velocity, and subsequently estimate their future workload capability. Learn more about sprints

Want to learn more about reports? Check out these short videos showcasing reports on Jira Cloud for web.

Releases

Releasing a version of work is a big deal. It’s often the culmination of many months of hard work. Releases are already available on Jira Cloud for web, and now they’re coming to mobile. Cue confetti!

Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 11 - 2020-01-21 at 11.38.51_iphonexspacegrey_portrait.pngMany teams organize work into releases, which are shipped regularly as versions upon completion. Versions include epics, which usually consist of many issues. (Layered like an onion – issues in epics in versions in releases.)

Learn more about epics and software releases.

Excited? Get the app here.

An ode to work flexibility

Move work forward, wherever you are.
Don’t stay at your desk just to stay in the loop.
Be informed on the go with palm-sized push notifications.
Update issues on the train, on the bus, on-the-fly.
Add epics to roadmaps while you pound the pavement. (Watch your step.)
Don’t sprint to your desk just to edit a sprint – edit in the palm of your hand, and stroll instead.
You’ve got the power. (Good clichés never expire, but being deskbound has.)

Jira Cloud for mobile. Move work forward, anywhere, anytime.

Already have the app? Tell us, when do you use it? In-between meetings? On your commute?

7 comments

Mo Beigi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

The cloud mobile app has come a long way and is awesome now! Glad to see all the frequent updates as a heavy user! Well done TEAM :)

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

I am using it for the last one and a half years now and It's very useful & handy. As you said no need to sit in front of the system/computer for the update like commenting, transitioning an issue etc...simply we can do it using the mobile app from anywhere.

Like amber coleman likes this
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Responding to comments and uploading screenshots straight from the app has never been easier

Hunter Drawdy February 13, 2020

Where can I see the full list of features for the iOS version?

You can create projects, transition issues, start and finish sprints, create and edit roadmaps... (The list goes on.)

Thanks in advance.

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2020

Hi @Hunter Drawdy, welcome to the Community!

Our online documentation contains navigation info for the iOS app, and this page is regularly updated with the app's latest features and bug fixes.

Hunter Drawdy February 13, 2020

Thank you for the link @Hannah McKenzie However, I am not seeing any information on Service Desk 'approvals' in this documentation.

When using the iOS app, I am seeing an option to 'Approve' or 'Deny' issues though when selecting either of these options, I am presented with an error - "Unable to submit response"

If there is a more appropriate location for me to post this issue, please direct me accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Hannah McKenzie
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2020

Hi @Hunter Drawdy that sounds like it may be a bug. In release #96, we shipped the ability to approve/deny service desk requests in the iOS app.

However, I've just discovered that if you're working in a Classic project (rather than next-gen) and there is no request type set, the approval will fail. Is this the case for you?

If this isn't the case, I'd recommend reaching out to Support so they can get your specific site details and investigate this for you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events