Access to the tool

Matthew Willmore January 27, 2020

Hi, I would really like to get early access to this tool to test migration. We are trying to Merge 2 cloud instances and some projects have a lot of issues and comments and so CSV export is not going to work for us.

We also looked at the server merge process but this will also cause issues with data loss, so this tool is our only real option.

2 comments

Comment

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Matthew Willmore

An EAP ticket has been created for you and you should have received an email notification. If you have not, please let me know and I will send you the ticket link directly. 

Cheers,

Ashley

Matthew Willmore January 28, 2020

Thanks for getting us access. We've installed it onto the server we have running a trial licence and the local DB that comes with the server installer. The plugin for some reason; are you able to advise?

Migration Plugin.JPG

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Matthew Willmore,

My suggestion is to create a support ticket so we can help you identify any issues. You can raise one here. If you have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,
Ashley

Matthew Willmore January 28, 2020

Ok, so the plugin is now installed after following this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-marketplace-apps-273875715.html and locating the file in the JIRA home directory under plugins/installed-plugins/. It says it is enabled but I can't see how to access it within the system UI? Can you advise how to access it.

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2020

Hi Matthew,

The app should appear in System settings:

1. Go to System (top right):

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 12.35.35 pm.png

2. It should then appear in the left hand side navigation:

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 12.35.47 pm.png

Let us know if it's not there!

Like Maren likes this
Matthew Willmore January 29, 2020

Ok, so it's there but the page itself is empty?Migration Tool.JPG

Jason Wong
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2020

That doesn’t look right.

One more question - what database is it running on? The EAP only supports Postgres and may not work on other databases.

We are working on a release for early March that will all of the databases supported for for Jira Server +7.6

Matthew Willmore January 29, 2020

Hi Jason,

We're only using the server build to support the merge of 2 cloud instances and so are using the inbuilt H2 DB as supplied with the Jira Server installer.

I assume your installer in March support the H2 database if it won't work with it currently??

ddevos
Atlassian Team
February 2, 2020

Hi @Matthew Willmore ,

Yes both the EAP & March release will support H2, its our default development environment.

On your screenshot above with empty page, this looks like the plugin failed to load. Check your Jira logs, and paste in the error you getting.

Thanks,

David

Like # people like this
Matthew Willmore February 3, 2020

I've checked both the catalina* and atlassina-jira-gc-*.logs files and there's no reference to the migration assistant in there. Anywhere else I should look?

ddevos
Atlassian Team
February 3, 2020

Hi @Matthew Willmore ,

Try looking in the `atlassian-jira.log` file.

Recommend going into the manage-apps section of administration, then disabling & re-enabling the plugin. This will force a reload of the plugin and hence add log messages to the end of the `atlassian-jira.log` log should it fail to startup.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events