work logs not working at story level

Mike Brouillette-CONT May 3, 2016

Why can't I log hours against a story without any sub-tasks?  The work log only shows up on the pulldown for sub-tasks, but I have stories that won't have sub-tasks associated with it that need hours logged against it.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Brouillette-CONT May 5, 2016
We figured this out. 
We had to unhide the time tracking field in the fild config for the user story in addition to the log work field. Now i see the 'log work' section on the user stories. 
Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread...
0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

Could you paste here the Work On Issues permission set on the project?
(find it in the permission scheme used by your project) 

Maybe, the permission scheme grants Work On Issues permission based on an issue role, like being the Assignee.

0 votes
Mike Brouillette-CONT May 3, 2016

Time Tracking is turned on and there are no blockages.

It's strange.  I have 2 near identical stories about documenting a process.  One of the stories we have a sub-task associated with it.  The one with a sub-task can log work hours in the sub-task.   The one which is only a story, we can't log hours.  We have a couple people highly knowledgeable of JiRA around here and they're stumped  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2016

Are the sub-tasks using a different workflow to the stories?

The only way I can think of doing this is with workflow properties.  Although, also, do you have any time-tracking related add-ons such as Tempo?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2016

Have you got the "time tracking" field on the stories?  Are there any properties on the workflow that might be blocking "log work" on the stories?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events