why does my issue appear on multiple agile boards?

In our agile project, we have one board only: Procure Scrum Board.  We do not share issues with any other project.  Yet when I click "View on Board" (or via more menu) it says the issue appears on other boards also:

image2016-10-4 10:46:36.png

Only Procure Scrum Board is valid, and if I choose any of the others, it takes me to an empty board.  Our issue ids are unique to our projects, so I don't see how this could happen.

1 answer

1 vote

Projects and boards are different and separate things.  Projects contain issues.  Boards are a view of a selection of issues.  That selection is done by a filter, and you can use any filter you want. 

Assuming your Proc-205 is supposed to appear on Procure scrum board, and that board is selecting by saying "project = Proc", that's fine.  But B2B Design may well have a filter that says "or where component = 'Mr Flibble'" and Proc-205 has that component set.  Or gsf-test might have a filter "assigned to Dave" and Proc-205 is currently assigned to Dave.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

22 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you