why-do-subtasks-disappear-when-i-filter-my-board-using-epic-links

Regarding https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile063/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/why-do-subtasks-disappear-when-i-filter-my-board-using-epic-links 

The article explains why they disappear but does not suggest an alternative approach that retains the sub-tasks.

Can it be made more helpful!?

1 answer

1 accepted

You don't have a ton of options for more advanced JQL if you're using Cloud. With JIRA Server, you could use the JQL functions provided by the ScriptRunner plugin.

For instance, if you want to return the subtasks under issues that belong to an Epic with key SC-3939:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("'Epic Link' = SC-3939") OR "Epic Link" = SC-3939

I think the JQL Pro (Mongo Search) plugin would allow you to build a search function like you want, but I can't confirm since I haven't tried it. It's a bit pricey, but you might want to give it a try anyway, as it could solve lots of future issues you will get with advanced search functions.

There's also this, but I'm not confident that will entirely fit your need.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

849 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you