who/ how/ when does the version update of qTest

Swaroopa Waghmare February 1, 2017

Hi,

could you please help me verify how , who does the qTest version upgrades? does it happen automatically or the JIRA admin has to do it manually?

if this plug-in is added to our organisation, will the upgrades cost us money, separately?

cheers

Swaroopa

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2017

The upgrades will happen automatically unless the qTest add-on requires more permissions; at which point the upgrade will require administrator approval.

Add-ons in Atlassian Cloud cannot charge for upgrades; they have fixed monthly costs based on the number of users you have that could potentially use the add-on.

Hi Robert thanks for your response.

Currently we dont have this add on and would like to evaluate it to see if it fits our requirements. 

If i read your comments correct then getting this add on will have some monthly license charges. (we already have Atlassian / Jira cloud) - kindly let me know. 

If there will be additional license cost then is there any evaluation version of this plugin available.

Thanks

Swaroopa

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Hi Swaroopa,

Do you mean this qTest for JIRA Test Management add-on?

If so, it is a free add-on - there is no monthly cost for that particular one at the moment.

If you mean the qTest Scenario for JIRA add-on, the monthly costs for Cloud are on the pricing details page. But you can try it for free 30 days (see the green "Try if free" button on the marketplace listing).

Sam

Thank you Sam !

Cheers

Swaroopa

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

No problem, but please note my edited comment above. There are two different qTest add-ons for JIRA Cloud at the moment. One is free, one has monthly cost. I've added details about both in my last comment.

Please consider up-voting or marking Robert's answer as accepted if your questions were answered.

Sam

Swaroopa Waghmare February 6, 2017

Hi Robert and Sam,

I have one more query, when I asked JIRA administrator to install the cloud version of qTest, and he tried to login, the JIRA did not accepted his login name and password (though he can login in JIRA without any issues). therefore wanted to know, if the admin (of a project can install qTest) or it qTest needs additional rights/permissions and who can istall the plug-in.

Please help!

cheers

Swaroopa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events