• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • while updating jira from 5.1 to 7.1 a constant error occurs that "Could not find class: com.atlassian.jira.jelly.service.JellyService". How do I disable the Jelly service now So that it doesn't ask for the Jelly service and stop throwing me this error.

while updating jira from 5.1 to 7.1 a constant error occurs that "Could not find class: com.atlassian.jira.jelly.service.JellyService". How do I disable the Jelly service now So that it doesn't ask for the Jelly service and stop throwing me this error.

Bindhu VG June 14, 2016

while updating jira from 5.1 to 7.1 a constant error occurs that "Could not find class: com.atlassian.jira.jelly.service.JellyService". How do I disable the Jelly service now So that it doesn't ask for the Jelly service and stop throwing me this error.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

You should be able to go to the list of services in the admin screens and remove the one that is triggering this error.  This won't cause you any problems, but I'd look at the description and config before you do it, as you might want to think about why it was trying to do something and if you want to replace it with something else.

Ideally, you should remove the service before you attempt the upgrade.

Bindhu VG June 15, 2016

We have already upgraded it and now we are getting that error. Any way we can change it now?

Bindhu VG June 15, 2016

I checked that in JVM required args we used to mention the "-Djira.jelly.on=true" on JIRA 5.1, Is there something we can say to not search for that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2016

The jelly code was removed a while ago, so that flag now does nothing in your system, you might as well remove it (JIRA reads it, doesn't understand it because the code for it has gone, and hence ignores it)

You should be able to go to Admin -> Services and delete the jelly services that were imported but now no longer work.

Michele February 8, 2017

Hi Nic,

I should use Jelly on my JIRA7 application and I tried setting setenv.sh like Bindhu made but I received the same error.

What should I set to use Jelly?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2017

Nothing - as I said above, Jelly has been removed from JIRA.  It's not there, so you can't use it.

Whatever you think Jelly was a solution for, I would ask a new question about the best approach to doing it.

Suggest an answer