while running test for incoming mail handler, it is showing error -"found unprocessed 255 messages in pop3 folder"

NehaNagori March 15, 2017

I was configuring mail handler for incoming mail. while running test of that handler it is showing error: found unprocessed 255 messages in the pop3 folder. How to delete those messages. or please suggest any alternative.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

That usually means it has found 255 messages, read them, been unable to do anything with them, so it does not delete them, and detects them again on the next run.

You should log into the mailbox, check that the messages are genuinely not needed (if you do need them, then you'll need to work out why they're failing and re-send a new version of them with data it can handle), and delete them there.

NehaNagori April 5, 2018

Hi Nic,

Now, we are facing one strange problem.

We are able to create a ticket if we are sending mail from our personal id. But the ticket is not creating if we are sending an email from our official id.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2018

Is the email arriving in the in-box?  If it is, then Jira will be trying to import them, and you will find a reason for it failing inthe logs.

NehaNagori April 5, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thanks for replying. 

I am not aware of the logs. Where can we check the logs?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2018

Unless you've relocated them, <jira home>/logs/atlassian-jira.log is the first one to look at.

NehaNagori April 6, 2018

Hi Nic,

We checked the logs, it says "Reporter (neha) does not have permission to create an issue. Message rejected."

But I have admin access for JIRA as well as the project. some users are able to create the ticket through email and some are not.

One of my colleague has same permissions as of me. He is able to create the ticket.

Suggest an answer