where will the versiontype customfield value be stored in DB ?

Shamith Shankar September 22, 2016

I need to get value of VersionType Customfield. I tried node association and Customfield tables.No luck.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016
select * from customfieldvalue where CUSTOMFIELD = <id>;

To identify the custom field ID:

1. Go to Administration > Custom Fields
  2. Click on the "Configure" link for the VersionType custom field 
  3. In the URL of the Configure Custom Field page, note the number after "customFieldId=" and append it to the query.

Argh,

i was trying for ,

select * from customfieldvalue where id = <id>;

Thanks a lot.

noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

Glad to help. Cheers!

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2016

Hi Shamith

select * from customfield where CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY = 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiversion'
select * from customfield where CUSTOMFIELDTYPEKEY='com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:version'

Hope this helps

vpcf.PNG

Regards

Chander Inguva

Hi Chander,

Thanks. But i need customfield value for a versiontype field.

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2016

I think the answer provide by me gives you keys to the door. All you should do is query customfield value table using customfield table. It should be easy

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2016

SELECT * FROM customfieldvalue WHERE ID = <customfieldID>

I already did that. and i didn't find it in customfieldvalue table.

Suggest an answer