where can i see the project pivot report?

Janine Labadia May 18, 2016

Before I can generate report from it. I can access that under Reports menu on the side bar, howeve this past few weeks it is missing together with the Time sheet Report. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016
Kate Katz May 19, 2016

This is a major problem for us. We relied on Pivot Reports for monthly project allocations. Will you bring this back?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

Please have a read of the link I gave to see your options, and judge the likelihood of it coming back

Kate Katz May 19, 2016

Thanks Nic. We have looked through the list of other options. None of these work for what we were trying to accomplish. It looks like we are going to have to create a filter by date, export data, and create our own pivot reports in excel.

Is there a particular reason why Pivot Reports were removed? It was very helpful for us to group time spent, per assignee, by Project. Now we will have to develop an entirely different workflow, which is really unfortunate. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2016

Yes, as the blog says - they want to rewrite it as a Connect add-on rather than the current internal style.

I have every sympathy with the users - cutting off a function without a ready replacement (hence increasing the cost) doesn't feel very fair to me.

Brendan Harrison June 1, 2016

Re: @Kate Katz, I'm in agreement this is not ideal. It was a very easy way to group time spent worklog by a period (i..e month).

Re: your workaround, I'm not aware of an export option that includes time spent with a time/date stamp. What field / filter should we be using that shows the worklog time spent by date? If that data is available, Excel is an acceptable workaround for now.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

You can find the new version of the addon here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/timereports/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer