we are planning to install JIRA in Test and production, how will a ticket opened in production also show up in Development for a tester to view without logging into the production environment?

Mike Anthony January 3, 2017

we are planning to install JIRA in Test and production, how will a ticket opened in production also show up in Development for a tester to view without logging into the production environment?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

It won't.  You're describing two separate systems.

Mike Anthony January 3, 2017
Hi Nic,
 Thanks for the response. Is it possible to configure or synchronize the JIRA in production so that an opened ticket in that environment also show up in development?
secondly could we synchronise JIRA in Dev, Test and Production? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

I'd look at why you're "synchronising" first.  There are good reasons that dev test and production are separate systems.  What is the real need to synchronise things here? 

If you do need to do it, then you could write stuff, but bear in mind that dev and test could be torn down or rebuilt without it.  I'd reach for K15t's Backbone or iDalko's Exalate products instead of trying to write my own, but legally, if you're synchronising production to other systems, you're using all of them as though they're production, so you need three full licences for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events