want to upgrade my JIRA from 4.4.4 to latest version

vikesh July 15, 2016

Hi Team

I am using JIRA 4.4.4 server hosted  (support expired on 2012), but now i want to go on JIRA latest version.

so i want few help/suggestion on below questions.

1) Is there any other way to go on latest version from JIra 4.4.4 without  buying latest/new license,means any discount for existing user of JIRA 4.4.4 ??

2)  If i will have to buy new one then can i import my existing data as it is into new one from JIra 4.4.4 ?, If yes then how it will be possible. kindly suggest the steps and utilities.

kindly help

regards

vikesh

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2016

No, you need a valid licence to upgrade.  There's no "discount", as you've not been paying the maintenance, you'll need a new full price licence.

You can retain all your data, either by importing or upgrading in situ.  The best option is to get the new licence and install it now, then follow the upgrade documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/upgrading-jira-720411839.html

Without knowing your system, I would recommend that you upgrade to 5.2, then 6.4, then 7.latest

Suggest an answer