viewing multiple quick filters

Richard Polley June 26, 2016

Currently I have my team configured on a set of quick filters where each is "assignee = John". These work great

However if Iwant to look at John and Sue's work - and click both filters I see nothing.  I'm guessing this is because the query is looking for entries that are assigned to both John and Sue?

Is there a syntax that I am just failing to find that I can use for an individual assignees quick filter that will also allow me to look at the activity of a number of users at the same time?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Richard

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nicole G December 1, 2016

I have this same issue when trying to use multiple quick filters containing components.  However, I AM able to use other combinations of quick filters.  As examples:

1. Only My Issues filter AND one component filter
  2. High Priority filter AND one component filter
  3. Only My Issues filter AND High Priority filter

So why can't I use component A filter AND component B filter???  This partial functionality is beyond frustrating.

Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

You're guess is correct - the quick filters are each filtering out more information.  Assignee = John will limit the board to just John's stuff, then it moves on to the next filter and drops anything not assigned to Sue, hence the board is empty.  It's an AND type operation

You'll need to generate quickfilters that use OR type clauses.  So "assignee in (John, Sue)".  Which is a bit inflexible.

Richard Polley June 26, 2016

Thanks for the quick response ...I'll have a go with some OR clauses and see where I get.