version picker displays None in New Project

Andres Fernandez March 17, 2016

Hello,

I have a custom field called Target Release which is of Type Version picker (shows 2.1.1, 2.1.2, etc)

On our original project when I create a new bug in the New Bug Screen it displays properly.

Yet, I created another project that uses the same screens and workflow yet this version picker only displays None.

There is no drop down that I can select from.

Its as easy as when I can go to the create New bug screen and choose between the two projects at the top and see the version picker go from displaying the pull-down for the target release version picker, then I change the project and the label shows for that custom field, but instead of a pull-down version picker menu, only None is displayed.

Remedies Tried:

I tried going between making that custom field optional and required but that doesn't help.

It seems they have the same permissions when I look at the fields and their configurations too.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Regards,

Andres

2 answers

0 votes
Andres Fernandez March 17, 2016

Yes, 

Thanks!

I used the Atlassian CLI to copy the versions. 

I did this on the Linux command line.

./jira.sh --action copyVersions --project "first project" --toProject "second project"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Versions belong to projects.  So your first project has a list of versions to work with and you get to select something.

When you create a new project, it won't have any versions to use, until a project admin adds some.  So you get "none" until they've been added.

Suggest an answer