validator scripts not working with the bulk close operation

Hi All,

I have the following script added to the workflow validator conditon during the close operation. This works only when i try to close a single issue but not during bulk close.

Please help me out

def demoSelect = getFieldByName("Reason for Closure")
def demoMultiTxt = getFieldByName("RRM Ticket")
// Get the Value of the Select List Field
def selectedVal = demoSelect?.getValue()
if (selectedVal?.toString()?.equalsIgnoreCase("Risk Accepted")) {

demoMultiTxt?.setRequired(true)
} else {

demoMultiTxt?.setRequired(false)
}

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You say "workflow validator condition", but that's unclear.  Is this a condition OR a validator?

Actually, it looks more like a behaviour though - if that is the case, then it won't work.  A behaviour like this makes the field mandatory for the user on the front end, via the browser.  They have no effect on bulk-edits - there's nothing to "set required" there.  A validator could be coded to check the input is valid though, that would catch any broken bulk-edits.

Thanks - is there any other way i can achieve that feature during the bulk edits

What feature?   I already said you need to add a validator if you want to block unwanted bulk-edits.

Hi , Sorry - i want to make a field mandatory based on the value from select list. I want that to happen during the bulk edits.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your help. I am able to find a way to make it work on the bulk edit option using your answer above

> want to make a field mandatory based on the value from select list.

Add a validator to the transition

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

68 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you