using the same transition across multiple workflows in the same project space.

Vinesha D'Mello December 14, 2015

Is it possible to use the same transition across multiple workflows in the same project space. Are there any restrictions to using the same transition?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

There's no way to use a transition across multiple workflows.

Vinesha D'Mello December 15, 2015

Thanks Steven! Can you please let me know the reason behind this?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

I'm not sure; they're not global and they never have been. Transitions merely exist within workflows and not outside of it, they are not assigned an id outside of the workflow. I think there are some situations where it would be *wonderful* to share transitions across multiple workflow. Perhaps you just came up with a great add-on idea. ;)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

Are you referring to Global Transitions or Cloned Transitions? I can see no restriction, it's just that cloned transitions are easier to maintain. (If I need to add a post function in the Close (1) transition, all the workflows that contains this transition will be updated as well).

Suggest an answer