user story report of time in progress in a sprint

Lino Catucci December 29, 2015

I have been struggling to find and create a good report for my problem.
What I would like to have is a report which report the time a user story has been in a specific stage (In Progress, To Review, To Test, Done) during a sprint. 

Or a report which reports me the time a user story has been in progress until it is set to done for a certain sprint.
I want to use this information to identify the stage which consume the most time for a user story and discuss this during my sprint retrospective to see if we have a problem to solve.
Can you tell me if there is such a report and how I could make such a report?

Best regards,

Lino Catucci

lino.catucci@nuon.com

3 answers

0 votes
Lino Catucci January 3, 2016

Hello Ansar,

Thank you very much for the information. I will try this asap.

Br,

Lino

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2016

Hi

I have a suggestion but I'm not sure about if it's working or not.

1- Create a date/time custom field (For Example name it Start Date) and set it automatically in your transition from Todo to InProgress status.

2- Then create Scripted Field (ship with Script Runner plugin) and differ Issue resolution date from start Date field by groovy and use this field value in your reports.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

Hi Lino,

The report that is designed to show you where you have bottlenecks is the Cumulative Flow Diagram which shows you where in the process your stories spend time. It does not show you an individual story but does show a view across all the stories.

To see the time spent for a single story you can look at the History tab to see the changes between different statuses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events