user picker custom field is not appended with asterstic(*) in the transition screen

Suresh Basina November 3, 2016

Hi Team,

I have created user picker custom field and make it required for a project for a particular transition. Next I have created an issue and moved the issue from one state to another. In that case, for particular transition it should show the asterstic(*) beside the custom filed label. But it is not showing. We are injecting the javascript code to custom field description tag when user makes it on "requited on transition". 

I came to know that Javascript injection was disabled from jira6.x onwards. So is there any other way to show asterstic for the custom field when it is required for particular transition.

1 answer

0 votes
saravanan subramanian November 3, 2016

yes . If you have script runner plugin installed.

Hi Saravanan, thanks for your quick reply. Could you please let me know the process how to use this Script runner plugin to show the asterstic(*) for user picker field for particular transition.

sure. After you install the plugin if you try to edit the work flow and create a draft work flow, you will see addtional functions under Conditions, validators and postfunctions

you can use a validator called -field is required.

Before installing the plugin check whether that is available by default or not. I am not sure on that

Hi Saravan,

I haven't seen field required validator when I click on one of the transition from work-flow.

you mean in the draft work flow?  If yes then install the plugin -

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

I think it adds those by default.

Yes, I have installed the plugin but still I didn't find any validator. Could you please explain me the steps what exactly I have to do after installed the plugin.

You mean, I have to install both Script Runner and JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugins.

click the workflow - create a draft work flow - click the  transistion that you need - you will see at the bottom

Condtions Validators postfunctions etc

if you click add validator , you will see the option - field required validator 

Yes I checked as you said, but I'm not seeing that -field required validator after clicking on the validator.

may be i am confused - it may be part of JIRA Suites Utilities - try that plugin or the below

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/field-required-on-transition.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events